Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is Mbappe doesn't want to sign for us.

If City felt they were being mugged off we wouldn't be buying him, it's happened many of times in the past.

Like I said leave the tears to the bitter rival fans and the press.

City could pay 200m for him and I wouldn't give a shit.
The Mbappe mention was sarcasm!

It’s not my money, and if they pay it, I won’t give a shit, either, but seriously…

Grealish, £100M?
You’re havin’ a laugh!

Last edited:
Right, this might not exactly be the most scientific method but it's the way I think of it. I've always believed that transfer inflation is a function of club revenue. City earn about £500m a year of which Grealish represents a 20% outlay.

So the easy way to compare a fee to a natural value is to look at a club's revenue that year and see the percentage of that revenue that someone paid. Again it's not the best method but it's how I look at it.

According to Companies House filings in 1989, United's revenue was £9.5m. In that year, they paid £2.3m for Gary Pallister and £2.4m for Paul Ince. That represents 24% and 25% of revenue respectively.

Converted into today's terms, that would mean they paid the equivalent of £120m for Pallister and £125m for Ince at around the same outlay as we're expected to have for Kane and Grealish.

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong or anything but I feel like some historical context on spending should be drawn in this conversation. £100m sounds like a lot of money now but it's less in real terms than the Pallister fee.
It is over 50% MORE than the City record fee we paid just last season!

I think we are being mugged, but “we” isn’t “me” so spend away…I guess?!

If he comes, I hope he’s a brilliant success, scores & assists for fun and becomes an England regular.

But, think about that for a second, too…£100M for a player that just broke into the England team and has only played a few cameos!

lil-wayne-100-mill-2.jpg

It is over 50% MORE than the City record fee we paid just last season!

I think we are being mugged, but “we” isn’t “me” so spend away…I guess?!

If he comes, I hope he’s a brilliant success, scores & assists for fun and becomes an England regular.

But, think about that for a second, too…£100M for a player that just broke into the England team and has only played a few cameos!
How is 100m 50% more than 65m? Unless we are paying another 30m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.