Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve no doubt he’s a good player, but better than what we already have???

And, history is always a good teacher, even if one doesn’t always like the lessons it teaches.
I think the reason we are going for him is that Pep thinks he can compliment the players we have, and work in a system that he wants to play. Only time will tell (if we do actually get him) whether this is true or not.

Transfer news is always about a day behind where it actually is.

City will have presented the £100m offer to Villa and offered personal terms to Grealish. Villa will have likely said to City, "Okay, £100m is fine, but let us table some terms to Jack first and if he says no then you can have him."

I imagine Grealish took the day yesterday to either say goodbye to his friends or have one last think while on home turf, and he'll have made his decision already. We'll likely find out the truth tomorrow or Wednesday.

He's a human being. He's been at Villa since 2001, when he was 6 years old. Whatever decision he makes is going to be an emotional one and I imagine he's discussed it at length with those closest to him.

Whether it happens or whether it doesn't, he'll have thought long and hard about it.

Person who took the video of grealish at training earlier was told to take it down

Attachments

• 5C7B66B3-F3AC-44D2-A707-4CEF140C01B4.png
    5C7B66B3-F3AC-44D2-A707-4CEF140C01B4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
This is just a question of language and semantics. Desperation can mean to desire something because you understand the positive possibilities of possessing the thing you desire, whereas it can also mean to desire something as you understand the negative implications of not having it. For instance, a billionaire can be desperate for their new yacht to be completed because they can't wait to enjoy it and a smack-head can be desperate for their next fix knowing it will temporarily stop the pain and anguish they feel. Our desperation falls under the former category.
Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

I’m suggesting the Billionaire isn’t desperate for a well priced yacht to be built, but is willing to pay much more than it’s worth to own it.

Not time, but value.

Transfer news is always about a day behind where it actually is.

City will have presented the £100m offer to Villa and offered personal terms to Grealish. Villa will have likely said to City, "Okay, £100m is fine, but let us table some terms to Jack first and if he says no then you can have him."

I imagine Grealish took the day yesterday to either say goodbye to his friends or have one last think while on home turf, and he'll have made his decision already. We'll likely find out the truth tomorrow or Wednesday.

He's a human being. He's been at Villa since 2001, when he was 6 years old. Whatever decision he makes is going to be an emotional one and I imagine he's discussed it at length with those closest to him.

Whether it happens or whether it doesn't, he'll have thought long and hard about it.
I'd hope city would have had an answer from grealish before tabling such a huge offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.