Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to go in hospital tomorrow for a worrying biopsy this and the Kane thread is certainly keeping my mind off it . Some funny posts getting sent in...
Good luck! Had a liver biopsy myself in 2019 (nothing serious, just had an enflamed liver because of low BMI which has now resolved itself). Wasn't a pleasant experience but wasn't too bad either - the only pain was the local anaesthetic needle beforehand. It was over before I knew it and I was able to stay awake for the procedure. Had to lie very still for an hour afterwards to make sure the wound had healed properly but other than that it was a doddle. You gonna get to stay awake for this one?

Your disrespect is getting annoying. Agree or don’t, but let’s not be a dick about it.

I “understand,” but “disagree.”

Opinions make forums. Mine is based on what has gone before, what I value and why, and whether I think he is worth breaking the British transfer record to obtain.

Yours?

Add to the city extra we always seem to have to pay and bang you get your price and close to it.”

Even you think we are getting mugged!!!

There's no way Grealish should cost £100m. But there's also no way Maguire, Sancho or White should have cost what they have. But what they are worth is really dependent on how they perform. Van Dijk justified his cost. He's been worth that fee with what Liverpool have won.

We obviously don't know at this point in time. If Jack and Harry win us the league and CL or contribute significantly to us doing so then it's been worth it. The debate about Messi and potential wages and age and what that could do long term for the club was a valid concern for people. But when Grealish is the age he is, if he does flop we can sell him again for £30m and write off the £70m by selling a group of academy/fringe players. It sounds blase but the position the club is in means that's the truth. They feel he can make a difference to our side and is worth that fee. I think £70m would still be steep for him, but we want him and Villa don't want to sell him and there's no ability to get him without going higher and it's not put us off. If there was another option the club rated as highly, that we could get for £70-80m then we'd be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.