Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve gone complete 360 on this deal. Im once again very calm and sure he will sign. If he was gonna stay at villa we would know by now imo

You know, I've studied and taught history one way or another all my life, but I wouldn't be able to tell you off the top of my head and without Wikiing it the exact date for the Fire of London

Well, there were loads of fires of London, but THE fire was 1666, Pepys burying his cheese, Pudding Lane, The Monument and all that.

As for the others, I was deliberately vague about some, Henry VIII for example was representative of pages 1491 to 1547, while some were more specific like 1805 and 1815.

God, I hope I'm correct with these dates, no doubt I'll be told if I'm not!

Well, there were loads of fires of London, but THE fire was 1666, Pepys burying his cheese, Pudding Lane, The Monument and all that.

As for the others, I was deliberately vague about some, Henry VIII for example was representative of pages 1491 to 1547, while some were more specific like 1805 and 1815.

God, I hope I'm correct with these dates, no doubt I'll be told if I'm not!

Nope, you're on it, and I was in the right ball park for the Great Fire. What's surprising is that it didn't happen earlier, if anything. By the way: fantastic read, Daniel Defoe's Journal of the Plague Year. Reads like a piece of front-line Kate Adie BBC reporting. And he wrote it about fifty years after the event. An incredible piece of reconstructive journalism.
By the way, we've recently gone past the page on this thread when effectively, state education, free and obligatory for all children in England, was introduced. Significantly more important than any of those other dates in its long-term effect on society.

Has Hairband stopped dithering yet?

Last edited:
Villa linked with Tammy Abraham, deals in the pipeline for Bailey. Not a chance they are signing them without selling Grealish. They will get them through the door before letting Grealish go.

Nope, you're on it, and I was in the right ball park for the Great Fire. What's surprising is that it didn't happen earlier, if anything. By the way: fantastic read, Daniel Defoe's Journal of the Plague Year. Reads like a piece of front-line Kate Adie BBC reporting. And he wrote it about fifty years after the event. An incredible piece of reconstructive journalism.

Has Hairband stopped dithering yet?
I was not aware of that book, I will search it out (look on Amazon).

No, has he thump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.