Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair it’s not me spanking you in public. It’s entirely of your own making.

You talk about “actual inflation” and you dismiss “football inflation”. So what is actual inflation to you? Are you talking about Consumer Price Index (CPI), CPIH, CPIY, CPI-CT, Core Inflation, House Price Inflation, Wage Inflation, Retail Price Index (RPI), RPIX? Which one of those is “actual inflation” given they’re all used by the ONS at times in terms of measuring inflation.

To then try and claim that “football inflation” isn’t a real thing because a) you’ve not heard of it, or b) you have heard but you’d forgotten, or c) you know about it but it ruins your argument, or a combination of the above is just silly in the extreme.
I didn’t “dismiss” it, I wanted someone to show it to me.

I showed where the commonly used metric wasn’t even close, so I wanted a discussion of how we get to £100M purely by dint on “inflation.”

Of course I understand that “inflation” is simply a number produced by a basket of goods. In this instance, I was asking for the football “basket of goods” that created the £100M player.

That figure, if accurate, is 50% higher than 1 year ago. That’s Argentina-style inflation…which was part of the “joke,” which was clearly not understood. For that, I can accept some blame.

However, while one poster has cited “turnover” (which has also not increased 50% in the last year), at least he was having a poke in the right area.

The notion that “if we said it, we can afford it,” is true while we have a Sugar Daddy owner mentality, but City is a very strong, well-run business. Accordingly, I’m wondering where this sudden desire (on the part of fans) to throw around what sounds to me like silly money comes from, and how they justify it.

It’s just “Inflation” was an answer, and I challenged the person to show me it…and even gave him real inflation in Britain to work from.

Maybe it’s the different mentalities on the two Forums on which I predominantly post, but I’m surprised by the response to my post.

And yes, I’ll even accept some of the blame for that. A challenge, with data, would have elicited a response with competing data on the other Forum. Clearly, that data gets distilled to “twat!” on this Forum.

That appears like it won’t change, so I must.

Said it before, say it again. I don't think they'll ever quite realise how much Grealish himself was an enthusiastic instigator in this transfer, and not a reluctant passenger. He's actively wanted this move for months, against all the efforts and wishes of Villa themselves.

The penny will never drop with them at this point. They offered him more money than we are paying and he still chose to come despite knowing all the shit the Villa fans would give him. He's just not that into you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.