Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like so many of the negative opinions of Grealish are formed because they don't like him as an individual, rather than the player.

He's quality, versatile, a leader and ticks the homegrown box. He also has some fire in his belly and wants to make things happen, which we desperately miss at times. Sometimes we need a **** on the field, rather than some of the passive displays we've seen this past year.

I'd rather us sign an out an out pacey winger, but if Pep wants a hybrid type player that can play left and centrally, Grealish makes a lot of sense. With Silva and Sane leaving, he would cover both positions, without being a massive threat to Foden's standing like Aouar would, for example.

He'll go to a top 6 club this summer and he'll do very well wherever he goes.

Last edited:
The hate spouted towards Grealish is often from middle aged men with big guts on them, not sure why they’re so bothered but I guess it’s something to do with the love island image he portrays being a bit of a pretty boy it’s very alarming on their side to be honest.

In terms of Grealish as a player? Absolutely superb. Stayed loyal to his club for way more years than he probably should have stayed, didn’t kick up a fuss when they fucked spurs off a year or two ago just got his head down and got them promoted.

He works his absolute bollocks off as well every game doesn’t stop running and has serious ability on the ball and Pep has already said he’s a big fan before hand he fits the mould of what he likes in a player.

Not completely sold that we’re after him but if we was he’d be a superb addition, proper footballer.

I feel like so many of the negative opinions of Grealish are formed because they don't like him as an individual, rather than the player.

He's quality, versatile, a leader and ticks the homegrown box. He also has some fire in his belly and wants to make things happen, which we desperately miss at times. Sometimes we need a **** on the field, rather than some of the passive displays we've seen this past year.

I'd rather us sign an out an out pacey winger, but if Pep wants a hybrid type player that can play left and centrally, Grealish makes a lot of sense. With Silva and Sane leaving, he would cover both positions, without being a massive threat to Foden's standing like Aouar would, for example.

He'll go to a top 6 club this summer and he'll do very well wherever he goes.

Under Pep, they see attitude as a key principle to whether they sign players or not. I think Grealish is a brilliant player and he definitely would have some impact in our team. But he's also a knobhead with an ego the size of Villa Park itself, maybe its because its his boyhood club and he's captain so he's Mr Billy Big Bollocks over there, but I'd stay away, the second he gets benched he'd be kicking off. And I think he's a fan of the rags too.

I don’t get all of the hate towards the lad if I’m honest.

He does go down easy but he’s not alone in that regard. He does also get kicked off the park most weeks like David Silva and Eden Hazard did.

He also mouths off to the ref quite a lot during the games, but again most English captains do that. Rooney, Henderson, Terry and Gerrard all used to try and ref the games.

I personally think he’s a brilliant player and even against us at the Etihad, he was the only Villa player willing to take the ball under pressure.

My only reservation to signing him would be which Grealish do we get. If he plays for us like he does for Villa then he’d be a huge asset to us. If he was expected to just play it simple and not take risks then he’d be a pointless signing.

We seem to have a firm no dickhead policy at the club and we are better for it. Those we have are all great people, it is clear to see. May be doing him a disservice by saying that he seems to be contrary to this. Dont think so though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.