Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he'd look absolutely shit in a better team tbh. He's allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants in that Villa team, that's what suits him. Nowhere near good enough to have that role in a great team, he's a lower level PL flair player like Zaha, a player who you carry all game in the hope he sometimes gets something to pay off.

He gets fouled because he's the only brilliant player in a crap team, the opposition know this so they kick the shit out of him. He does well to keep at it if anything, despite being constantly hacked away at every game. Nothing to do with him needing to learn to stay on his feet from what I've seen (bar that awful dive for a pen the other week)
True, he is targeted, and Villa gain a lot when he hits the deck. Breaks up opposition play.
But we would have nothing to gain from fouls, so he would have to learn to shrug off challanges like Silva does. I have no doubt that Pep would teach him though.
Like I said, would be a quality signing. But if Villa stay up, he would cost a fortune.

True, he is targeted, and Villa gain a lot when he hits the deck. Breaks up opposition play.
But we would have nothing to gain from fouls, so he would have to learn to shrug off challanges like Silva does. I have no doubt that Pep would teach him though.
Like I said, would be a quality signing. But if Villa stay up, he would cost a fortune.

I think it might work differently in that teams wouldn't be able to systematically foul him as much if he was with us. We used to see it with SWP - I remember the rags taking turns to take him out and each getting a yellow one derby day. It works if you've only got one good player but not when you've got a load like we have. And if they target one it gives the others more space, which in our case would be for Kev (which is why grealish wouldn't be targetted as much).

And it's ridiculous how much Grealish is fouled - he broke the record for most fouled player in a premier league season with nine games to go (not sure what he's up to now, but I think it averages 3 or 4 fouls per a game which is bonkers). Despite this and playing in a hopeless team with crap players who don't move for him when and where they should he's created the most chances in the premier league bar de Bruyne.

Amuses me people sneering at him on here tbh, he's got the lot.

He is having a better season. But I've seen Bernado play at a top 5 in the world level. Grealish hasn't.

So he is not better than Bernado. He is simply having a better season.

Grealish will never have the opportunity to be viewed as a world class player whilst playing in a relegation threatened side.

You can't make that judgement until he's played in sides as good as the ones that Bernardo has played in.

Yes, Grealish will very likely never make that level, but you don't know what he would be like surrounded by world class talent.

Grealish will never have the opportunity to be viewed as a world class player whilst playing in a relegation threatened side.

You can't make that judgement until he's played in sides as good as the ones that Bernardo has played in.

Yes, Grealish will very likely never make that level, but you don't know what he would be like surrounded by world class talent.
I was responding to a claim that Grealish was a better player than Bernado.

Think he'd look absolutely shit in a better team tbh. He's allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants in that Villa team, that's what suits him. Nowhere near good enough to have that role in a great team, he's a lower level PL flair player like Zaha, a player who you carry all game in the hope he sometimes gets something to pay off.
That's one way of looking at it. The other way is to say that in a smaller team he gets all the attention, whereas in a top team, he'd be able to do more because defenders are focused on other talented players. In reality, it's probably more about style of play though. Would he work well in a team constantly playing against a packed defence rather than one that gives him space to run into on the break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.