Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, of course, he'd be long gone without his emotional ties to Villa. Still think he stays for another season though, regardless of the 'England Effect', as we're still on an upward trajectory, and he'd love to achieve with Villa, and trusts the owners.

He had no reason, from a personal point of view, to sign a five year deal last season. And, for all the nonsense opinions and misconceptions I hear about him from outsiders, he's actually a very down-to-earth, loyal and humble lad.

If we haven't improved next season I'd expect he may want to move on, and I'd expect the club to facilitate that...at the right price.

Most Villa fans would accept this, as we know better than anyone what a special player he is.

The club and fans know we're in a race against time to reach a level where Villa can match his ambitions and stature, but now just doesn't feel like the right time for him to go.
Sorry mate but I think you know he's gone. His head was turned when he watched City destroy Villa at Villa Park last season. He's served his time at Villa and will probably always support the club but he obviously wants the best career he can have.

Us older supporters remember Villa being contenders at the top level and, before our last decade of unprecedented success, we all had the humility to acknowledge Villa’s notable history and huge regional support.

In fact us older supporters can often feel embarrassed by some of the rag like billy big bollocks gloating that some of our younger support have started to adopt since the onset of our recent successes.

It’s the same childish bragging that made decent supporters hate the rags and the dippers and I’d like to think we have the dignity to call it for what it is and reign it in whenever it rears it’s ugly head.

As a young city fan, growing up in school as a city fan playing football I would get the shit ripped out of me nearly everyday throughout school from primary to secondary by other fans of clubs even when Aguero won us the league I still had the constant its one league title you won't win more, or its not a champions league small club, Aguero will leave to another club etc also the Why do you support City its a shit team when you could support united or Liverpool. Even a Everton fan would say this shit.

Now that we are on top I think we can gloat at the success our club is having right now, because we are the best in the league, best manager, best set up, best owner etc after years of having "why the fuck do you support City" they now say "City are ruining football or We need to stop City winning etc" it's kinda hard not to be arrogant or confident when we are the champions and are dominating and the people that would rip apart young fans saying City is a shit team are now Jelous of how we are run and it feels good.

Sorry mate but I think you know he's gone. His head was turned when he watched City destroy Villa at Villa Park last season. He's served his time at Villa and will probably always support the club but he obviously wants the best career he can have.
It all depends on whether Jack Grealish and Harry Kane want to have Kyle Walker’s career or Danny Rose’s career.
Two England full backs of a similar age at the same club when rivals came knocking.
One took the plunge and left Spurs - when they were undeniably a much better side than both Spurs and Villa are now - and one stayed put.
One now has more career bling than Mr T and was England’s best defender during a run to the final at the Euros, the other has just joined newly promoted Watford on a free.
This summer is a similar career crossroads for Grealish and Kane.

Last edited:
As a young city fan, growing up in school as a city fan playing football I would get the shit ripped out of me nearly everyday throughout school from primary to secondary by other fans of clubs even when Aguero won us the league I still had the constant its one league title you won't win more, or its not a champions league small club, Aguero will leave to another club etc also the Why do you support City its a shit team when you could support united or Liverpool. Even a Everton fan would say this shit.

Now that we are on top I think we can gloat at the success our club is having right now, because we are the best in the league, best manager, best set up, best owner etc after years of having "why the fuck do you support City" they now say "City are ruining football or We need to stop City winning etc" it's kinda hard not to be arrogant or confident when we are the champions and are dominating and the people that would rip apart young fans saying City is a shit team are now Jelous of how we are run and it feels good.

Well done for sticking with us through those incredibly dark days young blue ;)

Yeah, that's why I said 'I think he stays for another year'! :-))

You must be a similar age to my lads. They were in the same situation as you at school. All I would say is enjoy the ride and if you want to be cocky or arrogant then fck em, go for it. As long as you can still handle the stick when things don't pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.