Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that is what he would have cost last summer, before the new deal. How does it make sense that Villa give him a new deal when the current one has three years to run and introduce a clause that limits his value to what it was before the deal? Better to let the old deal run and sell him this summer without a release clause in that case.
If you believe there is no release clause then you have nothing to worry about.
If you are not worried why are you here?

I think this is quite obvious isn't it? Leaving to win inevitable title after title with a super team is a lot easier than building something organic with players of lesser talent. As you lot point out incessantly, it's an awful lot harder and less likely for Villa to finish fourth than for you to win the Champions League or whatever. So why is leaving for easy honours ambitious?
Sorry bud, this is horseshit. There are no easy honours. None of our titles or Cups have remotely come easily. We've bought high quality players, but it's been grind and sheer grit that has seen us over the line. We've also had more than our fair share of injuries to key players and some infamous atrocious Ref/VAR decisions. As for you finishing fourth, it' ain't gonna happen with or without Grealish so that's a bogus comparison anyway.

There's no contradictions in what I've said. It's difficult but not as difficult as you think it is - as shown by the fact we were on course around Christmas until Grealish got injured. But it becomes impossible if you sell your best players - hence why it's difficult to believe Sam Lee that a fee has been agreed so easily or that there is a reasonable release clause. It could end up costing you something like £150 million as that is what he is worth to us in terms of progress.
City would not be interested in Grealish if they had any indication he would cost £150. If that was the case, City would have looked somewhere else a long time ago since there is no way the club would pay that for a midfielder unless we would need to replace someone like KDB. And there still seem to be a belief within City this deal could get done. This tells me 2 things:
1 - There is most likely a release clause and City find it reasonable. Its probably between £75-100M, otherwise we would have walked away. When you consider the fact he only had one successful season in PL for an, at the time, relegation candidate, a release clause around the British transfer record is not unreasonable high. This is also strengthen by the fact that Villa apparently are trying to make him sign a new contract, instead of just declining any offer or publicy demanding a higher fee.
2 - Grealish must have given City an indication he would be willing to sign for us, if he wasn't interested we wouldn't try to sign him. You could also think that he would have denied any rumors of him leaving by now if there wasn't any truth to it.

With this said, he could still sign the extension with Villa. Before anything is signed Grealish himself could change his mind. Or maybe he simply have not decided yet. None of us know what goes on in his mind before he decides to either stay or go. But to me it seems more likely than not that he will leave at this point since City knows what he costs, are willing to pay it, and Grealish are willing to come. But I guess we will find out soon, we are all just speculating at this point.

£75 million was the fee Man Utd would have had to pay last summer. I'm bored of not getting through with simple logic - Villa wouldn't have added a release clause that meant his value under the new deal was equal to or lower than if he had continued on the previous one until 2023.
You're not getting through cos you're talking out of your arse, bud. Villa may have set the price at 75 mill but nobody was willing to pay anything like that last year. Ergo, his market value was well south of 75 mill. So setting the release clause well above his market value is quite logical.

Lucky contracts exist then; if Villa don't want to sell then he isn't going anywhere no matter how ambitious he is. On that matter, I'd also say it is more ambitious to try and get into the Champions League with Villa and perhaps win an FA Cup than win an inevitable league title with you. Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
Grealish only stays at Villa if he doesn't back himself to mix it with the best. His easy option is to stay at Villa with absolutely no pressure on himself.
At City he'd be carrying a massive price tag trying to get into a hugely talented team and be expected to perform every single time he plays.
Grealish knows he has reached a point in his career where he has to step out of his comfort zone. Time to go for real glory.
It's bollox to believe he would stay Villa because he's a supporter and that any small achievements would mean more. It will be because he didn't have the cahonas to grab the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.