Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
The release clause won't be too high (if there is one). This isn't Spain where a release clause is mandatory and clubs set arbitrarily high amounts to protect themselves.

If Grealish has a release clause it'll be affordable. That's the point. The idea is to give him an exit strategy that doesn't hold him hostage a la Kane. It'll have been in there either at the request of him or his agent. The release clause doesn't need to be high because if Grealish wants to stay he stays.
Villa gave him a new deal when he still had multiple years on his contract - if the release clause Grealish and his agent had demanded was too low the club would have let him see the old deal through until 2023 and probably sold him net summer. I'm sorry, I know it feels like you're getting ripped off but there's no way he's going for less than £100 million.

Lucky contracts exist then; if Villa don't want to sell then he isn't going anywhere no matter how ambitious he is. On that matter, I'd also say it is more ambitious to try and get into the Champions League with Villa and perhaps win an FA Cup than win an inevitable league title with you. Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
Well why doesn't he join Accrington Stanley then, now that would be something

And you are as deluded as me for thinking he's going for £75-80 million.
Why are you so sure there's no release clause? If there is one, that's exactly the kid of fee it would have been set around otherwise the agent is not doing his job. If there isn't one, then this story would have died long ago imo so I'd be a little bit more circumspect if I were you.

If there isn’t a release clause Villa would just say he isn’t for sale at any price and we don’t need the money.

Instead they have chosen to match or even better City’s wage offer. That’s because there is a release clause and City will pay it if Grealish wants City, Pep and CL footy over staying at the club he supports and a bit more guaranteed money. Guaranteed starting place at Villa vs fight for your place at City.

This is all up to Jack and I can see why Villa fans are fuming because it’s like someone trying to pinch Foden from City. It’s worse in fact because Grealish is more important to the Villa team statistically than any other player is for their team.

The reason both sides are confident is because they both believe they have made a strong case for keeping/signing him. Next week is decision time. It wouldn’t surprise me either way but if he does come to us I also wouldn’t be surprised if both City and Villa agreed to say it’s 100K when in fact it’s whatever the clause says.

If this gets done next week I think he comes to us any longer and it looks like Villa. If he comes to us don’t expect lots of negotiations with Villa like we have with Spurs for Kane because City know the price and so do Villa.

Either way Jack gets a big pay rise.

Last edited:
Why are you so sure there's no release clause? If there is one, that's exactly the kid of fee it would have been set around otherwise the agent is not doing his job. If there isn't one, then this story would have died long ago imo so I'd be a little bit more circumspect if I were you.

The only way city are still there is that there must be a release clause and city would activate once they got the thumbs up from grealish

If there isn’t a release clause Villa would just say he isn’t for sale at any price and we don’t need the money.

Instead they have chosen to match or even better City’s wage offer. That’s because there is a release clause and City will pay it if Grealish wants City, Pep and CL footy over staying at the club he supports and a bit more guaranteed money. Guaranteed starting place at Villa vs fight for your place at City.

This is all up to Jack and I can see why Villa fans are fuming because it’s like someone trying to pinch Foden from City.

The reason both sides are confident is because they both believe they have made a strong case for keeping/signing him. Next week is decision time. It wouldn’t surprise me either way but if he does come to us I wouldn’t be surprised if both City and Villa agreed to say it’s 100K when in fact it’s whatever the clause says.

Either way Jack gets a big pay rise.

Villa offering 200k a week apparently. I just think his agent wants Jack to move since euros his popularity has sky rocketed

Because that is what he would have cost last summer, before the new deal. How does it make sense that Villa give him a new deal when the current one has three years to run and introduce a clause that limits his value to what it was before the deal? Better to let the old deal run and sell him this summer without a release clause in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.