Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the photo of John & Jack, it strikes me as more than a coincidence that Jack may be leaving too.

Villa have been in the premier league for 2 years now, only just survived relegation season before last and last year finished 11th .. confused as to what makes them think they will be challenging for trophies and champions league football in the near future ?
makes mathematical sense. they finished 17th, then 11th.... so this season it will be 4th. defo chumps lge for AV next year then.

am i getting this right?

Villa have been in the premier league for 2 years now, only just survived relegation season before last and last year finished 11th .. confused as to what makes them think they will be challenging for trophies and champions league football in the near future ?

We were on the brink of administration under the previous owner, Tony Xia, after we lost to Fulham in the playoff final.

Since the take over, we've achieved a miraculous promotion, winning the playoffs after being 13th, 11pts off 6th with 12 games left.

We had to buy a virtually new team for the PL, making about 10 signings, averaging about £12m, who had virtually no PL experience. We were 'doing a Fulham', so the saying went. It was actually necessity, rather than ill-judged. We then had a 'miracle survival', being 7 points off safety with 4 games left, and even Villa fans resigned to what seemed like certain relegation.

Last summer we made 4, more expensive signings, all starters. The youngish, PL rookies from the previous summer had improved a year on. Martinez and Watkins turned out to be inspired buys. We finished 11th with a points total that would normally leave you comfortably top half.

So from the brink of administration in the Championship to expecting a challenge for Europe this season, with 3 England players, amongst other internationals, gives cause for a little belief.

You say just survived and 11th, I say upwardly mobile. With one of the youngest first 11s in the league, who are still improving, together, and being added to.

Yes, we're well aware it's tougher the higher you're looking to go, but the club is 'on a journey', full of optimism and hope at the moment and the owners, upto now, have been pretty much perfect, even investing heavily in our youth setup to create something sustainable. They've earned a lot of trust.

I've seen people insisting we're miles off, will never win a trophy during Grealish's career, will never get top 4, deluded, etc. All ridiculous assertions, given the facts that even United and Chelsea have missed out on top 4 in recent memory, West Ham were in contention with a few games left after finishing 16th the previous season, and Leicester...you know the rest. It CAN be done, and we have the owners to sustain it, IF we get our foot in the door. So allow us our 'dream', please! :-)

As this is the Grealish thread, I should say Jack's been pivotal to our improvement. From returning from injury, getting the captain's armband, and leading us to 10 wins in a row, and a playoff place to dragging us out of the relegation zone. He's more important to Villa than you could understand. Which is why you wouldn't get him for less than £100m, because the owners know his worth. Most fans wouldn't want to sell him at any price.

We were on the brink of administration under the previous owner, Tony Xia, after we lost to Fulham in the playoff final.

Since the take over, we've achieved a miraculous promotion, winning the playoffs after being 13th, 11pts off 6th with 12 games left.

We had to buy a virtually new team for the PL, making about 10 signings, averaging about £12m, who had virtually no PL experience. We were 'doing a Fulham', so the saying went. It was actually necessity, rather than ill-judged. We then had a 'miracle survival', being 7 points off safety with 4 games left, and even Villa fans resigned to what seemed like certain relegation.

Last summer we made 4, more expensive signings, all starters. The youngish, PL rookies from the previous summer had improved a year on. Martinez and Watkins turned out to be inspired buys. We finished 11th with a points total that would normally leave you comfortably top half.

So from the brink of administration in the Championship to expecting a challenge for Europe this season, with 3 England players, amongst other internationals, gives cause for a little belief.

You say just survived and 11th, I say upwardly mobile. With one of the youngest first 11s in the league, who are still improving, together, and being added to.

Yes, we're well aware it's tougher the higher you're looking to go, but the club is 'on a journey', full of optimism and hope at the moment and the owners, upto now, have been pretty much perfect, even investing heavily in our youth setup to create something sustainable. They've earned a lot of trust.

I've seen people insisting we're miles off, will never win a trophy during Grealish's career, will never get top 4, deluded, etc. All ridiculous assertions, given the facts that even United and Chelsea have missed out on top 4 in recent memory, West Ham were in contention with a few games left after finishing 16th the previous season, and Leicester...you know the rest. It CAN be done, and we have the owners to sustain it, IF we get our foot in the door. So allow us our 'dream', please! :-)

As this is the Grealish thread, I should say Jack's been pivotal to our improvement. From returning from injury, getting the captain's armband, and leading us to 10 wins in a row, and a playoff place to dragging us out of the relegation zone. He's more important to Villa than you could understand. Which is why you wouldn't get him for less than £100m, because the owners know his worth. Most fans wouldn't want to sell him at any price.
Think of how many championship players you can buy with 80 million though?

I've seen several recent rumors to the effect that Grealish is now having second thoughts about joining our club - worried that competition for a starting spot might result in his landing on the bench.
===
I get that English players are more desirable given the P/L rules - but for me, this xfer window is enormously difficult given that we've decided to pursue Grealish and Kane. Neither club particularly wants to transfer these players - and thus they're not already signed.

Meanwhile the transfer window drags on and on.
===
A hallmark - IMO - of successful Man City transfer windows in the recent past is that we identify nescient, not fully-developed talent, and then sign these players very early on in the window. This window, I see no such signing.

For me, we're mostly pursing Grealish and Kane - both players are going to be extremely difficult to sign - obviously.
===
What do you think? Should we switch gears and pursue other targets? Is the risk of courting Grealish and Kane worthwhile?

I don’t understand why certain blues want too put down other fan bases aspirations. We as a fan base and club know all too well what it’s like too ‘dream’. I never ever thought I’d live too see us win a trophy nevermind Premier league titles! That was insane pipe dreams in the 90’s!

You sound like a Villian with the same hope we used too manifest, we still do!

Your Club is going in the right direction, all be it you’ll have too fend off the vultures! And I’m sorry too say we will be one of them. :-) one day you may well be the same. Hopefully picking off Uniteds best bits haha! Helping Send them into obscurity. Whatever happens with Grealish I wish you all the best and your ‘dreams’ whatever anyone says they sometimes do come true! That’s a fact! Good luck for the season pal.

I've seen several recent rumors to the effect that Grealish is now having second thoughts about joining our club - worried that competition for a starting spot might result in his landing on the bench.
===
I get that English players are more desirable given the P/L rules - but for me, this xfer window is enormously difficult given that we've decided to pursue Grealish and Kane. Neither club particularly wants to transfer these players - and thus they're not already signed.

===
A hallmark - IMO - of successful Man City transfer windows in the recent past is that we identify nescient, not fully-developed talent, and then sign these players very early on in the window. This window, I see no such signing.

For me, we're mostly pursing Grealish and Kane - both players are going to be extremely difficult to sign - obviously.
===
What do you think? Should we switch gears and pursue other targets? Is the risk of courting Grealish and Kane worthwhile?
I think unless a big player leaves it's Grealish or Nobody in he's position probably same with Kane aswell

===

===

===
Could you direct us to those sources please.

===

===

===

I have the opposite worry. I don't think we'd go near £100m for him unless we were certain he would be our first choice. Which I don't think is either fair or smart given how good Foden and Sterling have been.

Excellent post. However i read it in a Brummie accent and my wife thought i had had a stroke. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.