Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can respect why the fanbase would be angry and feel let down,

I think we can sympathize, I remember when SWP left, It felt like we were losing a part of our family

But I think at the same time Villa fans need to recognize he has an opportunity here to truly be amongst the best in the world.

Villa is where we were at back in 2010 with the new owners, He doesn't want to wait 2-3 more years before he can start winning, he wants to win now.
Yep Grealish signed a new 5 year deal in September time I think.

I seem to recall SWP signed a new contract literally a couple of months before going to Chelsea?

Suarez did the same with Liverpool.

Contracts don't really mean a thing these days, sadly.

I seem to recall SWP signed a new contract literally a couple of months before going to Chelsea?

To be fair he helped Villa by sigining a contract as it means they can get a decent fee for him if he leaves. He could have run his last one down like Milner did with us and they would have got a lot less or nothing.

READ this one. Even more fun. Damn these tears!

: This incarnation of Manchester City was formed in 2008. As much as MK dons is Wimbledon. It isn’t a real club. It’s hollow. Tell me what roots remained? 2 or 3 mascot players? They know that too. They comfort themselves with the thought that everyone is jealous. If only your club could be owned by a emirate state in an effort to legitimise a virtual dictatorship via soft power sports ownership. If only.

As a set of supporters they are desperately searching for an identity, a meaning, in this brave new era. Nothing organic, no set backs, no pain and redemption. Just a machine. A efficient machine but a machine nonetheless. Win. Sheikh smile. Win. Sheikh Smile. Win. Worst still, the leach fans begin to come out in force. Migrating from FCB, RM, United & Chelsea. Diluting what little remained of that community asset.

When I talk to Manchester City fans about post 2008 City, you see the little death behind their eyes. Emotionless, blank and rehearsed. Now I mention, Goater, Dickov, the Kippax, Joe Royle, Weaver at Wembley, the fire flickers again. Passion & meaning. How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?
"the fire flickers again.", "How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?". That poor guy realises it's only football at the end of the day, right?

He's still on Holiday with his girlfriend in Croatia after returning from the lads holiday in Mykonos at the moment so I'd say it'll be Monday at the earliest that the deal is done. His Dad calls himself his 'manager' and despite him also being a lifelong Villa fan he's been keen on him moving since last season as he'll get a nice little cut from it.

If any of you guys have boxes at The Etihad then you'll soon realise that Jack's Dad is a right ignorant so and so and you'd think it was him that's the superstar in the making not his son.

From Villa talk.

I get grief on here, but what I know is as follows. Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella ) met Txiki & Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k (he's on £150k p/w atm) our hands are tied on this they really are. It won't be on Villa if he does leave this is Camp Grealish and Stella.

Big question is will city spend £100m when they need a striker, I think they need to shift Fernandes or Sterling first to get Jack. Personally I'd say 80% he's off 20% stays and it will be next week not this week we get a resolution.

On Jack it's a lovely story and he has universal appeal that can help convert neutrals to Villa fans, but don't swallow this BS "it's my club" this is the third season this has happened and the third attempt to go or wangle better money. Last year United baulked at £100m they wanted to pay £65m but they had a £165k p/w deal on the table. We offered £150 p/w and a £100m release clause ( Grealish's camp insist on this) and we got a pic of him with his dog. Loyalty is not part of this game anymore stop thinking it is
So if United sell Fernandes then we can sign Grealish AND keep Sterling? Sounds like a bright lad.

"the fire flickers again.", "How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?". That poor guy realises it's only football at the end of the day, right?

I love these sorts of posts, just for clarity to any lurking Villa fans, that entire post about how we feel about our club since 2008 is horse shit, we fucking love it!

They'll turn on our owners despite them plowing over £300m into the club since they've came in, breaking our Transfer Record numerous times along the way, upgrading our Academy to it being the strongest it's been in a long time and also spending £27m on a new Training Complex. It won't even enter their minds that Jack wanted to leave for the Champions who are managed by the Worlds best and win silverware every year because Jack is a boyhood Villa fan and because of that would never want to leave. Like I said before, the most deluded and frustrating fanbase to be a part of amongst the 92!
I genuinely think it’s a win win. Whatever you get from Grealish sale will help towards FFP and continued investment. Read a piece the other day about how we have raised £400 million in sales of players through the Academy over the past number of years. Your going to have to play the long game to work yourself into genuine contention. Should you manage it, get ready for the main stream media onslaught. Plastic club etc etc. You know the drill.

Well they do just not what they used to mean,

Just means the club can get more money, because they aren't looking to sell, and they have the leverage in a negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.