Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah,apples and oranges.....Villa fans arent the brightest,but they arent on the same levels delusionally,they recognise what Grealish has done for their club -without him its no exaggeration to say they would still be hoping for promotion.
We'd be in League 1 with Sunderland mate, no doubt about it.

Nah,apples and oranges.....Villa fans arent the brightest,but they arent on the same levels delusionally,they recognise what Grealish has done for their club -without him its no exaggeration to say they would still be hoping for promotion.
Like they did with Gareth Barry? or Fabian Delph?

He's still on Holiday with his girlfriend in Croatia after returning from the lads holiday in Mykonos at the moment so I'd say it'll be Monday at the earliest that the deal is done. His Dad calls himself his 'manager' and despite him also being a lifelong Villa fan he's been keen on him moving since last season as he'll get a nice little cut from it.

If any of you guys have boxes at The Etihad then you'll soon realise that Jack's Dad is a right ignorant so and so and you'd think it was him that's the superstar in the making not his son.
Good luck on filling the Dad's empty box, you will need it.

From Villa talk.

I get grief on here, but what I know is as follows. Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella ) met Txiki & Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k (he's on £150k p/w atm) our hands are tied on this they really are. It won't be on Villa if he does leave this is Camp Grealish and Stella.

Big question is will city spend £100m when they need a striker, I think they need to shift Fernandes or Sterling first to get Jack. Personally I'd say 80% he's off 20% stays and it will be next week not this week we get a resolution.

On Jack it's a lovely story and he has universal appeal that can help convert neutrals to Villa fans, but don't swallow this BS "it's my club" this is the third season this has happened and the third attempt to go or wangle better money. Last year United baulked at £100m they wanted to pay £65m but they had a £165k p/w deal on the table. We offered £150 p/w and a £100m release clause ( Grealish's camp insist on this) and we got a pic of him with his dog. Loyalty is not part of this game anymore stop thinking it is
Ah bless `em.

I think we can sympathize, I remember when SWP left, It felt like we were losing a part of our family

I was only 14 when he left but I remember feeling conflicted. Absolutely devastated he'd gone when I saw the news on fucking Ceefax but I was also happy for him that he'd gone to a better team with a serious chance of winning things. Obviously didn't work out how he would have wanted but I couldn't blame him for going*.

I'm not sure why a club who would more than likely still be in the Championship without Grealish would begrudge him a similar move. Then again, I had a quick flick through their forum last night and it looks like a lot of them have completely overcommitted to the whole "he's definitely staying to win more meaningful trophies" thing and will probably feel embarrassed and let down as a result.

*Although going off later interviews it looked like it wasn't exactly his decision anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.