Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the look of this much more at the rumoured £82/88m.

I'm looking forward to seeing him and I know £12m is nothing in the grand scheme of things, just don't like the pressure of being a 9 figure transfer - about 80% of 100m+ transfers have turned out poorly.

fwiw i don't think there's too much between Grealish's ears for him to care too much about it lol

Ian comes out with some right clangers at times.

Over the last 5 years, a subset of City fans have defended our spending by clinging on to the fact our record transfer is below United's (£89), Liverpool's (£75m), and even Arsenal's (£80m).

I have told people using that line in these threads over the past few years that it's not something to hang on to, because we will spend big eventually.

Now that day is upon us, a few are struggling to let go. Trevor Sinclair was at it last week saying we should buy Tammy Abraham instead of Kane because City don't do big transfers. Not surprised Cheeseman is another.

I'd love for him to specify what the 1 reason is though? He's clearly alluding to money, which is pathetic, because I think both have openly said CL football and trophies are their biggest motivators.

£100m is silly money for Grealish.

I don't want him if it means we can't afford Kane.

But I do want him overall, and I know we're rich as fuck. Just gotta sit back and enjoy the ride.

Interesting. Go on …
You have to pay a release clause in one big go usually. Obviously it's better for accounting reasons to be able to spread that payment over years.

So I believe (based on intuition) that City are courteously bidding above the clause so that they can pay over multiple years, and also pay with bonus clauses at a later date. Villa are open to discussion because they know if they don't accept this offer we'll just undercut them and pay the clause. At least this way they get more money.

I have limited knowledge of how this accounting works and I haven't taken amortisation into account, so I could be completely wrong with my reasoning. But until I'm corrected I think I might be right. I have no reason to doubt that there is a release clause considering that there's been enough legitimate noise that there is one.

£100m is silly money for Grealish.

I don't want him if it means we can't afford Kane.

But I do want him overall, and I know we're rich as fuck. Just gotta sit back and enjoy the ride.
we can afford kane. we have 130m. depends if spurs wants more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.