Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the ones complaining about the fee, here is my take on it.

Firstly, I agree he is over priced.

However, the money is the amount it takes, sometimes there are ways of getting a better value.

Last year of contract and the best ever for a good deal a player a team no longer wants.

The situation of a team in the Premier League, who do not need the money and want to build a team around this player.

Also add the fact he is a local lad, their picture boy and flavour of the month, he was always going to be over-priced (not market value or below).

Market value being say 75 million.

So the question is do we look for value or buy what we want, if we can afford it.

It seems luckily for us we have fallen into this side of the camp after many years of staying away from it, this season we are paying a premium to buy who we want.

I think a very valid point in this is Pep, we all love Pep and where happy he signed. He is truly worth every penny of his wage and more.

However, bar a privileged few we do not know what was agreed with Pep when he renewed. No doubt future signings will have been made.

Possibly we agreed £150 million net spend, a £225 million gross spend or simply you name 2 players and we will do everything in our powers to buy these players.

So, this could also be being done as part of the Pep package. The club may also feel a fully backed Pep, may renew again and stay longer.

In which case, the club may see the value is there in paying above market value now.

With Grealish and potentially Kane what would be considered our best 11 lineup?
Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Dias, Fernandinho, Grealish, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Foden, Kane

Or with no DM and KDB playing deeper

Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Dias, DeBruyne, Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Kane

Or if he tried 3 at the back

Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Gudongan, Grealish, De Bruyne, Foden, Kane

or...

With Pep the ideas are endless tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.