Jack Rodwell

chris85mcfc said:
MeatHunterrr said:
LoveCity said:
A move to Sunderland (permanent, not loan) is close according to the Mail. Sky Sports reporter also mentioned it before but they have no story up yet.
how much Sunderland will pay us?

No fee was quoted, but my guess is it will be about £8m - £9m

Sunderland must have some money to burn if they were going to spend £15m on Borini

Maybe they are thinking if they invest the new tv money this season to secure top flight status they can return to relatively normal spending thereafter. In any case Rodwells career at City is over and a figure close to 9-10 million for a injury ravaged player who's barely kicked a ball in two years sounds like decent money for us. I hope he has a good career, but I think we are all in agreement he ain't reliable enough for us.

Was an awful purchase. Its not like he was injury free at Everton and has just been unlucky at City. We knew he was a crock and yet we bought him anyway. I also believe an injury free Rodwell, is nothing like good enough to hold down a regular place in our side anyway.

A permanent sale is a must because a loan will see one of two scenarios unfold....

1. He gets injured (most likely).
2. He doesnt get injured and Sunderland realise he actually isnt that good.

Both scenarios result in Sunderland sending him back to us and we go through it all again next Summer.

I wish him deserves success. Having such a succession of injuries must be horrendous, physically and mentally.

If his body holds up I would like to see him achieve all the success his talent deserves.

OrigamiNinja said:
Was an awful purchase. Its not like he was injury free at Everton and has just been unlucky at City. We knew he was a crock and yet we bought him anyway. I also believe an injury free Rodwell, is nothing like good enough to hold down a regular place in our side anyway.

A permanent sale is a must because a loan will see one of two scenarios unfold....

1. He gets injured (most likely).
2. He doesnt get injured and Sunderland realise he actually isnt that good.

Both scenarios result in Sunderland sending him back to us and we go through it all again next Summer.

You say that, but it is as though no one else realises Rodwell is injured regularly. Any club looking at him will be thinking why buy him when we can loan him and if it is a case of no.1) they send him back to City or 2) they choose not to exercise their right to buy him at a set price.

Most buying clubs will weigh up a loan for him or instead buy at a tiny upfront cost and have performance/appearance related fees in place where we might be able to make more. That would work for City. But then we don't need the money in the long term, we want money now so I feel we should loan unless we get better price for him. I wonder why he hasn't played much in pre-season. It's either for fear he gets injured or to market other players. We could have played Rodwell and got some interest in him, instead he has barely featured which suggests either there is an offer on the table and we are protecting him, or we want to preserve him and he will stay at the club.

oldius said:
I wish him deserves success. Having such a succession of injuries must be horrendous, physically and mentally.

If his body holds up I would like to see him achieve all the success his talent deserves.

That's the thing though...Jack is a half decent player...If...and lets face it...it's a huge if...he can stay fit...9/10 million for him is a steal and he could be a big player for the blackcats

They are obviously thinking of throwing the dice

I'd be happy to loan him out, on the basis that he could not possibly be worth less in a year than he's worth now. He's been permanently injured, hardly played and looked uninspiring when he has played (not surprising really).

If we loan him out, there's a remote possibility he could stay fit and actually perform well elsewhere - an opportunity he just isn't going to get at City - and if that happened, we could either take him back in a year or sell for a much better price. If he gets crocked again and gets no game time elsewhere, then we are back to square one, but nothing lost.

Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1m
Jack Rodwell is now at Sunderland holding talks with the club over a possible move.
great news. now Richards, Sinclair, Guidetti and Javi Garcia to follow please.

Shame it never worked out for him. If this is a loan or a permanent deal its best for all concerned.

CTID101 said:
Shame it never worked out for him. If this is a loan or a permanent deal its best for all concerned.
We get quite decent cash for him, £6m + add ons fee being talked. Not bad business at all for a player who hasn't kicked a ball for 2 seasons basically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.