Jacket Spuds

I microwave them for 5 minutes either side...then wrap them in tin foil and put them in for about 20 minutes on 180. If you want them crispier, dont put foil round them!

I think you have just decided on my tea :)

ob said:
oven for about 2 hours normally

2 hours????

What temp?

I usually put them in microwave first for about 8 mins then in the oven to crisp up but the Mrs wont be in till 8 tonight so thought I would go the whole hog in the oven for once.

MikeBlue said:
ob said:

2 hours????

What temp?

I usually put them in microwave first for about 8 mins then in the oven to crisp up but the Mrs wont be in till 8 tonight so thought I would go the whole hog in the oven for once.

Prick skin with fork,rub some olive oil all over then rub in crushed sea salt put in oven uncovered for 1 1/2 hours gas 5/190c. Turn after 45 mins. Crispy outside fluffy inside enjoy.

spanish blue said:
MikeBlue said:
ob said:

2 hours????

What temp?

Prick skin with fork,rub some olive oil all over then rub in crushed sea salt put in oven uncovered for 1 1/2 hours gas 5/190c. Turn after 45 mins. Crispy outside fluffy inside enjoy.

Never heard of doing them that way before....

Depends on the size of the potato. Large spuds just over an hour, medium sized for 50 minutes. Put into a hot oven 180c. Sprinkling them with quite a bit of sea salt will aid in a crispier skin.

Foil on potatoes for an open fire or BBQ only, Stops the skin charring.

MikeBlue said:
spanish blue said:
MikeBlue said:
2 hours????

What temp?

Never heard of doing them that way before....
I've had them done like that and they were delicious. Only difference was the skin was cut in a diamond pattern.

MikeBlue said:
ob said:

2 hours????

What temp?

about 200 or 220 mate, check from 1 and half on - never down one in microwave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.