Jacob Rees-Mogg

GB news not being a news channel will kill itself. It’ll get no questions or interviews with the government and will be ignored by all barring the perma-offended.
I don't think it will totally die, but move to a YouTube channel as it was never meant to be a serious source of information, but a means to continue the scaremongering for the far right.

It’s apparent to me for the first time how government and a country can be overtaken by the ideology of the few.
I’m listening to the simple speech of Starmer in Scotland with visions of the ex/politicians Rees Mogg, Johnson and Braverman etc keep popping up. I’m thankful they are gone and we can look forward with hope that the Labour Party will work for ALL the people otherwise if they don’t I’m confident Starmer will sack them off.
How did the public elect such an unintelligible figure as Rees Mogg to be their MP he and the rest of Johnson’s cabinet totally out of touch with the people?

I remember a few years back a Tory Conference in Manchester and certain batty folk were going mad about Rees-Mogg and saying how wonderful he was.

I think it was because - like Farage now - he was telling them what they wanted to hear. At the time it was Brexit and how fucking wonderful it was going to be.

Let's be honest, we all like a bit of being told what we want to hear. That's human. But a government should be brutally honest, which may include telling us stuff we don't want to hear. Flatterers deceive, and that's all a lot of politicians are - flatterers. The only difference to the Middle Ages is that instead of whispering in the King's ear in private, they use the media to flatter us all. Because we, collectively, have the power that a medieval king had. In both cases, these scoundrels merely use the object of their flattery as a tool for their advancement and profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.