Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your academy hasn't produced one single player since you 've invested a boatload of money into it and it is mostly because you are clogging up holes with big money signings instead of giving youngsters a chance, knowing that you have to lose some in order to gain some.
Damn good reason for that, we only seriously invested in it all 3 years ago, so the players we are looking at are still only 15/16/17/18, some of them will come through eventually. Sancho was one, but he looks lost now.

Those that are now 19/20/21 were from the old set up, and were never likely to make it at a club wanting to be in the european elite, but we've still made some decent money on them, and we'll make plenty more on those that don't make it from the current crop.

Damn good reason for that, we only seriously invested in it all 3 years ago, so the players we are looking at are still only 15/16/17/18, some of them will come through eventually. Sancho was one, but he looks lost now.

Those that are now 19/20/21 were from the old set up, and were never likely to make it at a club wanting to be in the european elite, but we've still made some decent money on them, and we'll make plenty more on those that don't make it from the current crop.

Well said. Its amazing how many of our own fans dont get this. "Stop reading the gutter press and think for yourself you fucking muppets"

Well said. Its amazing how many of our own fans dont get this. "Stop reading the gutter press and think for yourself you fucking muppets"

Even those unlikely to eventually make it here could have made themselves useful in cameo appearances, and might have done something special. Macheda's wank but he scored a goal or two that helped United win the title in 09. No reason why someone like Barker couldn't have happened to do something similar for us and not ended up at the quality required for a long term squad role here.

And had we done things like that, guys like Sancho would have seen that there is a path to the first team and would be more likely to stick around.

It is a fallacy that including youth players in squads or bringing them on is to the detriment of the team.

Even those unlikely to eventually make it here could have made themselves useful in cameo appearances, and might have done something special. Macheda's wank but he scored a goal or two that helped United win the title in 09. No reason why someone like Barker couldn't have happened to do something similar for us and not ended up at the quality required for a long term squad role here.

And had we done things like that, guys like Sancho would have seen that there is a path to the first team and would be more likely to stick around.

It is a fallacy that including youth players in squads or bringing them on is to the detriment of the team.
It remains to be seen, but the serious investment in our youth players is over the last 4-5 years, and it was aimed at the much younger end when it was made. So far we've produced a number of players not quite good enough (those in the 19/20/21 bracket now), but who we have made some decent money on (good business).

Now we have those younger ones coming through to that age, and even they won't all make it, and some like Sancho will choose another path, but from this group I expect a couple/few to make it, and the rest to make the club money in sales.

At least 2 or 3 from the current U15's to U18's making it to the first team would be very good value, with others sold on to make money.

Nobody should ever have expected 6 or 7 to make the first team, its totally unrealistic imho.

So to be clear if City win the quadruple in each of the next 2 years but dont play any youth players then you will "slate Pep and City for being piss poor."...really!!! I think I will trust the judgement of professionals who have won many trophies as to whether they think a young player is ready and good enough to improve our squad but I am sure they are waiting with baited breathe for you to pass judgement
The statement is clearly in regards to youth integration, for which I advocated to give him time. Understand the context dude.

The statement is clearly in regards to youth integration, for which I advocated to give him time. Understand the context dude.

And my point is the idea that you suggesting that if Pep doesn't play any youth players is "piss poor" is utter bullshit. City not being successful would be piss poor

We are all hoping as every club does that we will have 6/7 players come through our academy and play for the first team. We were bought in 2008 and the academy was finished 3 years ago. To have an Arsenal fan come on here lauding their academy on here is frankly utter shite

The sky 3 Arsenal and united have been successful since the formation of the premier league. It became the Sky 4 and they became richer than all the rest hogging the Champions league places snapping all the best young players from other teams. Arsenal didn't need an academy that just nicked all the youth players from Southampton whilst Liverpool just buy all the players who play for Southampton's first team

When we were shite our record of players who played for the first team from the academy was probably better than anyone else's in the league I think it is fact that something like 24 players had come through the academy to play for the 1st team up to 2008 so I don't think City need lectures from anyone on the importance of the academy

The level needed to reach the 1st team s now much higher I can't see Sam Williamson or Willo Flood getting much game time now. But the facilities are there to reach the level required and it clearly the hope that players will transition across but it won't be easy and it's not a given.

Sancho was going to go to America with Foden and Diaz and he has been mentioned a few times by name by Pep in press conferences when discussing the academy but he chose not to sign a professional contract. Now Pep has consistently said he only wants to work with players who are committed to the club and those that aren't can go so Sancho either commits or he leaves the choice is his

Thanks Cityfan

The Scousers have been claiming they have gitnSolanke on the cheap (on Twitter) but I haven't heard a figure either.

Not decided yet, but reported as Liverpool having initially offered 3M, and Chelsea have increased their demand from 8M to 10M.

Still pretty cheap if he gets a few.

Haha.

People predict exactly what's going to happen, with various fucking muppets first of all saying "they'll all get their chance soon, they are too young/not strong enough" followed by "it's too important at the moment. we'd like to give some kids a chance but.." followed by " if they had been any good they would have made it" followed by "where are they now, I don't see any of these kids playing for a top team" followed by "why the fuck would a kid leave City, with the facilities we have got, we don't need to worry about kids going to other clubs" followed by " money grabbing twat".

And still, we read it all in the media.

Haha.

People predict exactly what's going to happen, with various fucking muppets first of all saying "they'll all get their chance soon, they are too young/not strong enough" followed by "it's too important at the moment. we'd like to give some kids a chance but.." followed by " if they had been any good they would have made it" followed by "where are they now, I don't see any of these kids playing for a top team" followed by "why the fuck would a kid leave City, with the facilities we have got, we don't need to worry about kids going to other clubs" followed by " money grabbing twat".

And still, we read it all in the media.

Yep. Endless cycle of ignorance tbh. Called this happening ages ago and now it's here people are doing anything they can to abstain City from any blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.