Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we should not rush Foden or Brahim and that we shouldn't judge Pep on just last season.

But for Sancho point, I honestly don't understand why people can't see he wants to leave. We have bought so many young players who can play in his position and we are rumored to buy Mbappe or Dembele aswell. In 2 years, when it's time for him to be a regular first team member, I wonder how much young attackers we will have bought. Barca didn't go buy 4 of the most promising young attackers when Messi was 15/16. Put yourself in his shoes, you are 16/17 and you have seen your club buy players and not give players who were deserving of a chance a chance. Then on top of that, Sancho doesn't have an affinity to City like Foden does. Yes we might have shiny facilities, good pitches and a world class coach. But young players don't need all that to be top players. Players like Yaya, Silva, Aguero, KDB, Hazard, Sanchez all have one thing in common, and it's not any of the things above, it's that they consistently played first team football at a young age. We at City can't offer that. Hence, Sancho leaves where HE believes he will get a shot at first team minutes, atleast more minute than he will get at City.

I can see why he wants to leave, I just think it's too early for him to have that mindset, considering he just turned 17. I just think he is being misadvised and there is bad information going around; everybody saying he has a better chance at Arsenal and Tottenham are just wrong, players don't get chances at those teams until they are 20 years of age, Alli at 19 and he was bought after playing men's football, even if it was a lower league.

There are people saying he should go to Dortmund, Dortmund have lots of young talent they cannot just take them all in, in fact, they cannot even give Emre Mor (20 years, and a huge prospect) enough minutes and are considering loaning him (with some rumours of selling him).

I just think my mind works differently as I try to take the positive out of all the experiences that happen to me. The links we have with NAC Breda and Girona FC is a phenomenal opportunity for our youngsters.

I would be thinking that it's not the most important thing in the world as an academy player to get into your club's first team, the priority should be getting a good football education and experience; so I see nothing wrong with the pathway of 1) First class academy football --> 2) loan abroad at an affiliate club to get first team football regularly --> 3) get evaluated to come into first team or get sold and play professionally elsewhere. Now maybe we might have the odd player get into the team never go on loan, but I don't see it happening, Tottenham hasn't done it (Kane, Rose, Walker etc all loaned for MANY years), while Rashford happened out of circumstance by LVG (for which United players give Mourinho credit for, for some reason).

I'm not all that upset if he leaves, he is a phenomenal talent for his age, but that's for his age, and we have many great talents down the line that I only want players who want to be here.

I can see why he wants to leave, I just think it's too early for him to have that mindset, considering he just turned 17. I just think he is being misadvised and there is bad information going around; everybody saying he has a better chance at Arsenal and Tottenham are just wrong, players don't get chances at those teams until they are 20 years of age, Alli at 19 and he was bought after playing men's football, even if it was a lower league.

There are people saying he should go to Dortmund, Dortmund have lots of young talent they cannot just take them all in, in fact, they cannot even give Emre Mor (20 years, and a huge prospect) enough minutes and are considering loaning him (with some rumours of selling him).

I just think my mind works differently as I try to take the positive out of all the experiences that happen to me. The links we have with NAC Breda and Girona FC is a phenomenal opportunity for our youngsters.

I would be thinking that it's not the most important thing in the world as an academy player to get into your club's first team, the priority should be getting a good football education and experience; so I see nothing wrong with the pathway of 1) First class academy football --> 2) loan abroad at an affiliate club to get first team football regularly --> 3) get evaluated to come into first team or get sold and play professionally elsewhere. Now maybe we might have the odd player get into the team never go on loan, but I don't see it happening, Tottenham hasn't done it (Kane, Rose, Walker etc all loaned for MANY years), while Rashford happened out of circumstance by LVG (for which United players give Mourinho credit for, for some reason).

I'm not all that upset if he leaves, he is a phenomenal talent for his age, but that's for his age, and we have many great talents down the line that I only want players who want to be here.

Step 3 has never happened with a player making the first team at City. In fact, the only youth player who can kind of claim to have made it here is Iheanacho who didn't play much in the academy due to injury and didn't go on loan.

Step 3 has never happened with a player making the first team at City. In fact, the only youth player who can kind of claim to have made it here is Iheanacho who didn't play much in the academy due to injury and didn't go on loan.
Iheanacho is not an academy player

Step 3 can happen, this is why I want Roberts integrated in the squad next season to show it can happen.

I'm not riding this bandwagon of constantly slating our academy and Pep on integration... UNTIL enough time has passed for me to judge it. Pellegrini's time was a poor time to evaluate because he was piss poor and he was rightly slated so, I'll give Pep time, after 3 years if it doesn't happen then I'll slate Pep and City for being piss poor.

Iheanacho is not an academy player

I wouldn't really claim he was, but he was certainly tried out in the academy sides before the first team.

However, I think that if we'd bought Sancho in a similar manner to how we bought Kelechi, he'd be getting fast tracked likewise. I suspect Jadon's hoping that happens at a new club when he moves.

I wouldn't really claim he was, but he was certainly tried out in the academy sides before the first team.

However, I think that if we'd bought Sancho in a similar manner to how we bought Kelechi, he'd be getting fast tracked likewise. I suspect Jadon's hoping that happens at a new club when he moves.
Do you mean if we bought Sancho at an older age (similar to Kelechi would mean at 18 years of age I believe), then I agree, but again, Sancho may not necessarily be the player he is today after having been in our academy for 2 years.

For consistency I'd like to point out I don't consider Roberts an academy player either.

Anyways, I like Sancho, but if he leaves it's not something I have time to be bothered about. I'll woman and moan when we lose Sancho AND diaz, foden etc.

Still, if he leaves, just don't let it be United... anywhere but there.

Do you mean if we bought Sancho at an older age (similar to Kelechi would mean at 18 years of age I believe), then I agree, but again, Sancho may not necessarily be the player he is today after having been in our academy for 2 years.

For consistency I'd like to point out I don't consider Roberts an academy player either.

Anyways, I like Sancho, but if he leaves it's not something I have time to be bothered about. I'll woman and moan when we lose Sancho AND diaz, foden etc.

Still, if he leaves, just don't let it be United... anywhere but there.

Kelechi came over aged 17 but wasn't able to play until he got a work permit aged 18. He then played barely any football in the academy before becoming a first team player though.

I generally agree - Sancho is a fish that looks to be slipping the net. My point is we need to find out why the net couldn't contain the fish, rather than blaming it on being particularly slippery. If we don't address the problems that have caused Sancho to leave then it'll be another top talent next year, and the next year, and so on. It won't be long before one of them turns out to be world class given the undoubted quality of our academy.

Id defo rather have Campbell than Gonzalez. He's bigger, nearly as fast and much more clinical. Still rate Gonzalez but not insanely highly personally.
I'd take campbell all day before Gonzalez , is it just me or does he run about like crazy squirrel on speed for the first 30 mins off the game then burns out? Either way it it will be interesting to see how things go this season between him and nemecha, my money on him bench warming a lot ,
The new striker we have signed KUN is 17 yrs old the same age as the new 23s intake , could be more pressure for Lorenzo .

Step 3 can happen, this is why I want Roberts integrated in the squad next season to show it can happen.

I'm not riding this bandwagon of constantly slating our academy and Pep on integration... UNTIL enough time has passed for me to judge it. Pellegrini's time was a poor time to evaluate because he was piss poor and he was rightly slated so, I'll give Pep time, after 3 years if it doesn't happen then I'll slate Pep and City for being piss poor.

So to be clear if City win the quadruple in each of the next 2 years but dont play any youth players then you will "slate Pep and City for being piss poor."...really!!! I think I will trust the judgement of professionals who have won many trophies as to whether they think a young player is ready and good enough to improve our squad but I am sure they are waiting with baited breathe for you to pass judgement

Some absolute misinformation going on all around.

One Arsenal guy who plays the guessing game really well said that City will sign Sancho on 55k.

Now, some of you guys are unaware of a few things when mentioning Arsenal. There is a pretty solid record of players getting chances in the preseason and in the season, too. Right now Iwobi is the primary backup, pending no signings. Bellerin is the starter who used his chance when injuries hit and made the position his own. We also had these players put in time this preseason: Nelson, Nketiah, Malen, Bielik, Willock, Ainsley Maitland Niles. Stephy Mavididi and Jeff Reine Adelaide would have participated if not for injuries.

Furthermore, Arsenal did start 17 yr olds, which some of you were right to point out, Cesc Fabregas and Jack Wilshere.

Theo Walcott, Ox, Ramsey all got opportunities very young, though they weren't academy players.

If you look up stats for young player' minutes in the PL, you 'll see Arsenal is top/near top.
The notion that Sancho doesn't stand a better chance at Arsenal or Spurs for that matter, is absolutely stupid, because he has a better chance due to a history of giving players chances, more proven academies and lesser talent at the positions. Both academies have actually produced some players. Your academy hasn't produced one single player since you 've invested a boatload of money into it and it is mostly because you are clogging up holes with big money signings instead of giving youngsters a chance, knowing that you have to lose some in order to gain some.

Some of you saying he should be happy playing for Girona or in the Dutch league, lad won the Goldenboy, OFC he fancies himself.

He can take a look at Iwobi and his mate Reiss Nelson getting time while he sits at home because the genius coach is posturing him even though he can leave anytime he wants.

The best possible route would be to do something what Chrissy Willock did, he went to Benfica. He absolutely made a move to enrich himself as a footballer, because at Benfica he 'll still be able to participate in Europe when he locks down the starter spot, while still getting ample playing time in league competition.

Sancho needs to make a decision that will take his career upwards and that can happen only by learning on the pitch, which, if history is to be believed, is definitely not at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.