Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, missed that. Badly advised then.

The rest still stands though. We need to change or this willl become routine.
You have to realize that Sancho chose to came here. Even before we bought Jesus, Sane, etc he must’ve already know what kind of ambition the club has. We’re not Arsenal or Tottenham. We’re much more ambitious than that. So before he came here he must’ve known that we have the best facilities, and the competition to make the first team will be very over the top. And yet, he still came here. But now he left because ‘there’s no path to the first team’. What does that tell you about his mentality?

You have to realize that Sancho chose to came here. Even before we bought Jesus, Sane, etc he must’ve already know what kind of ambition the club has. We’re not Arsenal or Tottenham. We’re much more ambitious than that. So before he came here he must’ve known that we have the best facilities, and the competition to make the first team will be very over the top. And yet, he still came here. But now he left because ‘there’s no path to the first team’. What does that tell you about his mentality?

In one way you could say he thinks he is good enough now to start games and in another way you could take it as Sancho thinks he has made it. Don't know where he is going but if the carrot is a guarantee of a certain amount of games in the 1st team plus a guarantee starting all cup games you can't blame him if any of this is what the carrot is.

It says he's ambitious. He came here, saw what we had & is considering other options as maybe better.

Ronaldo would be exactly the same, as would I, if I was a talented footballing kid. I would go to whichever top club I thought my path to the top was quickest.

I would have left City when Pellegrini took the piss out of Brandon Barker by promoting inferior (Spanish speaking) players whilst he sat on the bench. I have only been to a handful of academy games since, as a spectator, & was considering stopping posting on the subject completely, (which would suit plenty on here) due to there being no point, as it had become a waste of time.

But since the old timewaster has fucked off, Pep has suggested he has a genuine interest in using academy players in the future, & my basic premise is that he needs to get on with it, or Sancho (if he goes) will be the first of many down that path. Prodigys in any walk of life, don't want to stand still.

Prodigies are few and far in between in life and to suggest Sancho is one is a tad premature. He is talented and has promise. Let's revisit his Premier League impact in 10 yrs, when he is in his prime. Maybe he will, but maybe he won't!

Prodigies are few and far in between in life and to suggest Sancho is one is a tad premature. He is talented and has promise. Let's revisit his Premier League impact in 10 yrs, when he is in his prime. Maybe he will, but maybe he won't!

prodigy
ˈprɒdɪdʒi/
noun
noun: prodigy; plural noun: prodigies
a young person with exceptional qualities or abilities.

There are over 2.5 million kids play football in England.

If being player at Manchester City, isn't a prodigy, then I don't know what is.

Then:
Jadon Sancho has won the prestigious Golden Player award at the UEFA European Under-17 Championships after a stunning tournament with England.

The Manchester City winger was directly involved in 10 of the Three Lions' 15 goals as they reached the final in Croatia.

Which means he's not just a prodigy, but a prodigy amongst prodigies, (including Foden, who didn't win it).

The way we devalue our kids compared to other teams such as the rags, is imo, part of the problem why we never see any. It's easy to get away with not picking them, as nobody cares anymore.

It says he's ambitious. He came here, saw what we had & is considering other options as maybe better.

Ronaldo would be exactly the same, as would I, if I was a talented footballing kid. I would go to whichever top club I thought my path to the top was quickest.

I would have left City when Pellegrini took the piss out of Brandon Barker by promoting inferior (Spanish speaking) players whilst he sat on the bench. I have only been to a handful of academy games since, as a spectator, & was considering stopping posting on the subject completely, (which would suit plenty on here) due to there being no point, as it had become a waste of time.

But since the old timewaster has fucked off, Pep has suggested he has a genuine interest in using academy players in the future, & my basic premise is that he needs to get on with it, or Sancho (if he goes) will be the first of many down that path. Prodigys in any walk of life, don't want to stand still.

Says he's ambitious? Says he completely unrealistic if he thinks he merits a first team place just months after turning 17. What options are better than City? We have a fantastic academy and we have made it abundantly clear to Sancho that he is being groomed for the first team, complete with the offer of an exceptional contract, and he has not only thrown that contract in the club's face, but he has been disrespectful to an unprecedented level in stalking out and not answering calls. He isn't going to get to the top any quicker at Arsenal or Spurs, however much they might be telling him different, but I don't doubt that he sees them as a vehicle by which he can return to London and still be part of a high profile club. If he wants first team football right now he could get it at Fulham or Brentford, but I seriously doubt we'll see him do that.
You make many valid points about the lack of opportunity afforded youngsters in the last 4 or 5 years, but your willingness to defend a kid who is behaving like a brat and looks increasingly like he's playing us, is wide of the mark IMO

Says he's ambitious? Says he completely unrealistic if he thinks he merits a first team place just months after turning 17. What options are better than City? We have a fantastic academy and we have made it abundantly clear to Sancho that he is being groomed for the first team, complete with the offer of an exceptional contract, and he has not only thrown that contract in the club's face, but he has been disrespectful to an unprecedented level in stalking out and not answering calls. He isn't going to get to the top any quicker at Arsenal or Spurs, however much they might be telling him different, but I don't doubt that he sees them as a vehicle by which he can return to London and still be part of a high profile club. If he wants first team football right now he could get it at Fulham or Brentford, but I seriously doubt we'll see him do that.
You make many valid points about the lack of opportunity afforded youngsters in the last 4 or 5 years, but your willingness to defend a kid who is behaving like a brat and looks increasingly like he's playing us, is wide of the mark IMO

I posted in this thread, maybe even replying to you, about people answering stuff that hasn't been posted, & again this seems to be following on the same path. I'm not defending him I'm explaining him. Ironically, if Sanchez does the sane at 28, many on here will be delighted.

It's not necessarlily about playing now, either, it can be about whether you ever think you will play at all, in the future, no matter what you do.

If the Pelle was still there, I wouldn't give any of them a cat in hell's chance of making it.

Hopefully Pep will be different. But it is only hope. And if I feel that way, as a lifelong City fan & youth team/reserves watcher, who has stopped going to such games as I'm sick & tired of watching quality kids being ground into mediocrity, in spite of doing everything asked, then it's pretty obvious some kids/parents/agents will be the same & consider options when approached.

It needs to change.

Stand still? The guy is 17. Maybe you and I have different definition of ambitious. If he were ambitious he’d stay and will most likely make to City’s first team. What Sancho did was basically pull out his application to Oxford University and going to Manchester Met instead because he doesn’t think he could get admitted to Oxford. It’s like Messi fucking off to Las Palmas because there’s Ronaldinho in front if him. Maybe you think that’s being ambitious but to me it’s the opposite. It’s stupid for Sancho to liken the situation between Pellegrini and Pep as the academy is pretty much built for Pep and to Pep’s standard.

In one way you could say he thinks he is good enough now to start games and in another way you could take it as Sancho thinks he has made it. Don't know where he is going but if the carrot is a guarantee of a certain amount of games in the 1st team plus a guarantee starting all cup games you can't blame him if any of this is what the carrot is.
Not even Messi had a guarantee when he first made it with Barca. He got playing time because he deserved it.

Stand still? The guy is 17. Maybe you and I have different definition of ambitious. If he were ambitious he’d stay and will most likely make to City’s first team. What Sancho did was basically pull out his application to Oxford University and going to Manchester Met instead because he doesn’t think he could get admitted to Oxford. It’s like Messi fucking off to Las Palmas because there’s Ronaldinho in front if him. Maybe you think that’s being ambitious but to me it’s the opposite. It’s stupid for Sancho to liken the situation between Pellegrini and Pep as the academy is pretty much built for Pep and to Pep’s standard.

Standing still, as in all of our academy kids who have watched others, at other clubs, some merely average, go straight past them, whilst they have been at the same level two years later.

Or others who have been sent on loan to prove themselves, done really well & not even been given 5 minutes, that's FIVE MINUTES, in City's first team.

That, to a talented kid in any walk of life, is horrible.

It needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.