Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did actually say it was just based on one game, so I can't see what your problem is, unless you're suggesting I shouldn't have expressed a view.

I'm guessing you've seen a lot more of the team than me - who would you suggest is the best placed player from that team to make it to first team football soonest?

My own opinion is that although Diaz, Sancho etc are the obvious potential stars who could possibly be fast tracked, often it isn't always, or only, the 'stars' that eventually make it, so it could be the obvious ones or some slip in under the radar..

Sometimes the biggest talents fail & 'lesser' players step up & suddenly discover they are suited to higher level football & go past them. Usually, imo, it's about timimg & getting the kids on the pitch with the first team, something which City have, as Gary The Twat says, 'lacked the courage' to do.

If the current crop were all given the same opportunity to make it at City, as they would at Spurs, Arse etc or (unfortunately) Utd, I would expect at least one or two, would become at worst squad players & it best, stars. If we treat this lot like the previous generations, then they will all be slow, half arsed, & depressed this time next year so none will make it, again.

I have seen plenty of Sancho to know what a special talent he is. The game v Chelsea will be a good learning experience for him.He was up against a team who know all about him and double marked him with strong ,quick players. I thought his head dropped a bit towards the end of the first half which I don't think I have seen before and it reminded me just how young he is.

The good thing was how he came out second half with his head up again and putting the effort in again. Probably a well done Ccarsley for that but also well done Jadon. He was back looking to take people on and create something for the team and getting back for his defensive duties. He will always draw extra players to him so he can look for where the space is created as a result.Just as he did for the simple pass that set Foden free for the goal.

He must be and I am sure will be encouraged to take defences on and we have a star in our ranks.

The only criticism I would have of him and it is something rife in our first team also,is he needs to work on his weaker foot.
That's not based on just seeing him last night.
I think himself and Diaz are wonderful players with so much potential, but I would consider Foden a much better rounded player at the moment. Just my opinion.

Having seen recent footage of Jesus back at training, the one thing that struck me is him practising taking down a long ball on all parts of his body and returning the pass with either foot, alternatively. This is what our youngsters should be taught from an early age.
I also think Sane and Sterling and even Kun could take a leaf out of his book.

He is having an amazing game against Norway. He is on another level compared to everyone else on the field.

It s the first time I watch him in a live game, only seen him on YouTube before, and I have to say: OMG! Are we really in for Mbappe? This kid is twice the player Mbappe is, and I followed him in some games. Not to mention he is 2 levels above Navas or Nolito. He is the perfect back up for Sane for next season. Let's hope Pep is going to give some time to our kids as well. I was supposed to go in park with my kids, but I just can't wait for second half to watch more of him. What an amazing player!

It s the first time I watch him in a live game, only seen him on YouTube before, and I have to say: OMG! Are we really in for Mbappe? This kid is twice the player Mbappe is, and I followed him in some games. Not to mention he is 2 levels above Navas or Nolito. He is the perfect back up for Sane for next season. Let's hope Pep is going to give some time to our kids as well. I was supposed to go in park with my kids, but I just can't wait for second half to watch more of him. What an amazing player!

I hugely rate Sancho mate, but i'd say calm down. He's playing against Norwegian u17s.

I hugely rate Sancho mate, but i'd say calm down. He's playing against Norwegian u17s.
Last night Ajax beat Lyon 4-1 with 6 academy players in their first 11, one was just 17. Average age less than 22. I would watch Sancho all day long, I can't say the same about Navas.

Last night Ajax beat Lyon 4-1 with 6 academy players in their first 11, one was just 17. Average age less than 22. I would watch Sancho all day long, I can't say the same about Navas.

Would you watch Sancho at right back? Because that's where Navas plays.

Would you watch Sancho at right back? Because that's where Navas plays.
No, but I don t enjoy watching Navas as rb either. The more I watch Sancho the more I see that I was right with my first impression: World class material!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.