Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
we know it didn't turn out great for Johnson but he was already establishing himself in the 1st team and was an integral part of it

Sancho on the other hand isn't and as it stands looks a distance away from it...

Look what happened to Johnson when it went to pot for him he faded away into obscurity safe in the knowledge that he had his 4/5 year £2.5mil contract in the bag to set him up for life
This is why paying even younger players who have done nothing in the game these crazy amounts of money
It isn't about is the lad worth it in the long run its about can he keep progressing and to do so you need to maintain high levels of desire £30k/week and £1mil signing on fee for me doesn't equate to maintaining the levels needed when things get tough or don't go the lads way

Yeah kind of agree with what you saying but if you want to keep top young players who could be the real deal you have to pay up or he will go somewhere else.

There's no way City will want to give him the money being touted...

But the list of clubs who will chase this lad will be as long as your arm if he wishes to leave...

This means City will have to get close to it to keep him, but will be loath to have to pay that kind of money to a 17 year old...

I hope Diaz gets a similar deal.

If we spend money, we will play them at some points in the coming years rather than sending them to Barnsley.

Chelsea didn't play Ruben Loftus-Cheek after they gave him an enormous contract. Sadly, the closest club youth wise to us is Chelsea and we seem to be following their blueprint and a lot of these huge contract come at the expense of the players career, they accept large amounts of money and sit on the bench. I hope Jadon is more ambitious and he moves away from City if we sign Sanchez, he knows he has a world class winger infront of him and probably the best young LW aswell. Jadon is a mega talent, maybe even a generational talent. I would love City to develop him, but all signs point to the direction of buying and buying.

Chelsea didn't play Ruben Loftus-Cheek after they gave him an enormous contract. Sadly, the closest club youth wise to us is Chelsea and we seem to be following their blueprint and a lot of these huge contract come at the expense of the players career, they accept large amounts of money and sit on the bench. I hope Jadon is more ambitious and he moves away from City if we sign Sanchez, he knows he has a world class winger infront of him and probably the best young LW aswell. Jadon is a mega talent, maybe even a generational talent. I would love City to develop him, but all signs point to the direction of buying and buying.
Sanchez can't be a threat to Sancho, he's almost 29 and will be in decline when JS becomes mature enough (around 20 yo) after gaining some experience on loan.

Why would a City fan want one of top young talents to leave?

Spot on, not many break into top teams as teens and stay in.
I'm not even sure why everybody is expecting this, Mbappe is the only player at a top club who has broken into their team, and he's 18.

Imo nobody that's 17/18 should expect to break into a team aspiring to win the Premier League and Champions League, when people refer to young guys who make it, they usually refer to somebody like Dele Alli... who got into the Spurs team at 20. This is why Patrick Roberts should be the first person who gets a good real chance, so people like Sancho can see they can make it as a regular in the near future.

Judging by comments of our Chairman in his video interview, I would expect to see Sancho on the summer tour and possibly training with the first team (capital one cup maybe?) next season.

Let him come and enjoy the summer tour but I would rather to send him to FC Twente or any other club where he will play regularly.

Enes Unal value raised lot after playing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.