Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but, he looked like he’d rather be anywhere else on Earth - looked totally pissed off. Might be he just hates that type of media work but he looked far from happy.
It certainly looked like he didn't want to be there, almost like hes being asked to be the face of this promotion when he knows hes off himself.

A bit of an odd move from the club of all the players they could have put forward for the role.

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that Sancho is the perfect replacement for Sane.

- Fast, skilful and direct
- Goals and assists
- Good relationship with squad members like Sterling & Foden.

Thing is, I don’t think Pep would take him back even if Sancho was up for it and I think there would be concerns from above him as well.

- Buying back a lost academy star for a monster fee (negative press reaction)
- Leaving and coming back on wages which dwarf what the likes of Foden are on. (Poor message to current youth players)
- Record transfer fee in a position we’re not completely desperate for.

So many scoffed at the Sterling fee at the time but now he sounds cheap as chips. I believe the same would be true of paying a record amount for Sancho over time but I think the negatives I’ve listed will stop us even showing an interest.

But I’ve been wrong before.

Oyarzabal would be our record transfer and we are interested in him. So that has nothing to with it. We simply dont want to pay more than £70m for a player unless the player is extremely special like Mbappe. I think the fee required is more of the problem. We don't want to pay something like £100m for him, regardless of Sane sale.

We even apparently scoffed at Felix's release clause even though it was obvious Benfica would not sell for less than that. He was the original potential replacement for Sane in the summer.

Man City Xtra (@City_Xtra) Tweeted:
Manchester City want to be 'kept informed' on Jadon Sancho's future at Borussia Dortmund.

Sancho’s current summer options are Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid, but the player has no preference yet.

[@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/l7ZoOCKS7h

Oyarzabal would be our record transfer and we are interested in him. So that has nothing to with it. We simply dont want to pay more than £70m for a player unless the player is extremely special like Mbappe. I think the fee required is more of the problem. We don't want to pay something like £100m for him, regardless of Sane sale.

We even apparently scoffed at Felix's release clause even though it was obvious Benfica would not sell for less than that. He was the original potential replacement for Sane in the summer.

Given we'll soon be overtaking the vermin in revenue, our income increases every year and we have the world's best manager, why do you think we're so reticent to spend really big?

Given we'll soon be overtaking the vermin in revenue, our income increases every year and we have the world's best manager, why do you think we're so reticent to spend really big?
We made £10 mill proit, one £50mill transfer wipes that out. With Puma we will have more to spend on the other hand we probably need to be looking at buying replacements for Aguero, Bravo, and Otamendi, possibly Sane too which will bring in hardly anthing (except Sane even that would be around 60-70 imo) so doubt we'll spend really big, if you mean fees over £100mill.

Man City Xtra (@City_Xtra) Tweeted:
Manchester City want to be 'kept informed' on Jadon Sancho's future at Borussia Dortmund.

Sancho’s current summer options are Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid, but the player has no preference yet.

[@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/l7ZoOCKS7h

That could actually be some positive news. If we end up doing this transfer I don't think it would be as out in the open as others have been in the last few years. I have no idea whether we actually want Sancho back, but given that we maintain the right of first refusal and a 15% sell on clause (so it would only cost us 85% of what it would cost others) just asking to "stay informed" is exactly the stance I would expect us to take here, even if we're definitely going to bid. We would want to do whatever we could to reduce the chance of someone else driving the bidding up on us while knowing that we'll match the price.

Last edited:
That could actually be some positive news. If we end up doing this transfer I don't think it would be as out in the open as others have been in the last few years. I have no idea whether we actually want Sancho back, but given that we maintain the right of first refusal and a 15% sell on clause (so it would only cost us 85% of what it would cost others) just asking to "stay informed" is exactly the stance I would expect us to take here, even if we were positive that we'd bid. We would want to do whatever we could to reduce the chance of someone else driving the bidding up on us while knowing that we'll match the price.
Not sure we do have 1st refusal??

The only thing in the deal I know of is City have the right to bid or match any other offer but Sancho has the choice of which club he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.