Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
some business dortmund did with him and Dembele. that will be some 200 mil. eur profit on pair of them.

Thought we had a sell on clause that increased if he went to utd?, if so i hope he goes to utd he was not good enough to oust Sane before and is still not, if Sane goes we will buy as good or better , Sancho is good but not good enough , 2 years under Pep would have have improved him far more than media hype and experience have done, thank you to the lad for resisting the media and not slagging us off

These are fairly meaningless clauses in contracts. In practice it means we have to get notified ahead of a sale going through and given an opportunity to bid. I find it highly unlikely that any club has ever received such notification and then thought - oh that sounds a good deal lets match it - and then got the player.

In reality Sancho's agent would be ringing round every club trying to get the bidding war going and squeezing out every penny.

At the end of the day - whoever offers most coin and offers the best opportunity will get the player.
Why would the clause be worthless? Combined with our sell on its a contractual guarantee that we can buy the player for only 85% of what it would cost someone else (if we can agree a contract). Barcelona has been entering into these type of transactions for years, first with Saul, now Giminez plus other Atleti academy products. Slightly different but clubs have also enforced buy backs even when the player isn’t interested. Look at Morata and Real.

IMO Chiesa from Inter is also a good option.
I like the look of Felipe Anderson at West Ham too. I do get the feeling he might be another Mahrez though. Sublime football talent but too mercurial.

My preference would be for Sane to stay but I'd like to see us move for Ousmane Dembele if he does leave next summer.
From what I read last and this season, his attitude is in question a la Sane and Sancho.

I watched part of the second half of Inter v Dortmund last night, so admittedly a VERY small sample, but he was anonymous. As were all the Dortmund attackers to be honest. I was expecting to see a cross between Sterling and Ronaldo after everything I've read about him recently!
He's been used as a stick to beat City with in my humble opinion.

He is an outstanding player, whom will be badly missed.
Yep. He has a presence on the pitch that is surprisingly rare in such a star-studded line-up. What is it?......Raw talent and attitude. Too much I think for some at City HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.