Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather spend the whole budget on Sancho.
While I’d like him, to spend the whole budget or even a large part of it would be wrong. Put it this way if the budget was say £150 mill, what makes us better , Sancho and a cheap centre back, or Koulibaly, Ake and a left back. If its a choice then it has to be the defenders. However if we can afford both then go for it.

I still have doubts about his mentality and approach, he feels a little ‘Sturridge’ like to me.

Both he and grealish don’t feel like the type of players we have been signing who are never in the press, solid, unassuming players - so I don’t thing we will sign either
Sterling (for no fault of his own) was always in the press. Certain players are easy to sell stories about. The fact he’s gone to Dortmund to get consistent game time, to develop himself outside his comfort zone, and the numbers he’s putting up as a goalscorer and creator, says everything we need to know about him.

50m for sane and a 15 % discount on Sancho . Getting him for No more than 40 mill net is a great bit of business which the club have been working on , lets hope we can pull this off .

In the current market 30 Mill net including the 15% discount looks like good busines. That makes him a £100 million player!

In the current market 30 Mill net including the 15% discount looks like good busines. That makes him a £100 million player!

I think the wages are the main problem not the fee.

Sancho is apparently on £190k a week, if he joins we would obviously have to match or probably improve on those wages which would make him one of the better paid players at our club, earning more than the likes of Bernardo, Mahrez, and Jesus. This could potentially create some problems in the dressing room. So what to do?

Sancho is apparently on £190k a week, if he joins we would obviously have to match or probably improve on those wages which would make him one of the better paid players at our club, earning more than the likes of Bernardo, Mahrez, and Jesus. This could potentially create some problems in the dressing room. So what to do?

It is a dilemma. If the lad believes in himself, and i am thinking he does, offer him an incentive laden contract? Maybe an average for what a starter would earn on a top half team in the league then put in incentives that, if met, would bring him to the level of what he is making now at Dortmund+? Maybe guarantee him a payrise every year as well?

Sterling arrived at the club at 20 years old on £180k/week.

I'm pretty sure that was more than Kompany and Silva.

He's currently earning more than anyone except De Bruyne. Has it ever caused a problem?

It is a dilemma. If the lad believes in himself, and i am thinking he does, offer him an incentive laden contract? Maybe an average for what a starter would earn on a top half team in the league then put in incentives that, if met, would bring him to the level of what he is making now at Dortmund+? Maybe guarantee him a payrise every year as well?

Apparently Soriano doesn't believe in personal incentives, he wrote about it in his book and people have relayed it on here before, he thinks they make players selfish and greedy.

With the odd exception for things like winning the ballon d'or, our incentives are team based, for winning trophies, getting top 4 etc.

Sterling arrived at the club at 20 years old on £180k/week.

I'm pretty sure that was more than Kompany and Silva.

He's currently earning more than anyone except De Bruyne. Has it ever caused a problem?
No, but then again they are all of good character and not arrogant.

Apparently Soriano doesn't believe in personal incentives, he wrote about it in his book and people have relayed it on here before, he thinks they make players selfish and greedy.

With the odd exception for things like winning the ballon d'or, our incentives are team based, for winning trophies, getting top 4 etc.

I hadn't seen that before but it does make sense. Thanks.

No, but then again they are all of good character and not arrogant.

As opposed to...??? in the current squad?

It was also more than Nasri, Hart, Kolarov and almost level with Yaya and Aguero. They didn't seem bothered, and some of them were arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.