Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty disappointed we weren't in for him, but at the price I get it. Wonder what this means for Greenwood though.

That's not how it works. We get 15% of any fee. Add ons, installments, whatever.

Same way QPR got extra money from Liverpool when we won the league in 2018 and Sterling fulfilled an add-on.

The only good thing about this deal is that they're essentially funding a lot of our Torres deal.

I do genuinely think Torres could be just as good a signing.

The only good thing about this deal is that they're essentially funding a lot of our Torres deal.

I do genuinely think Torres could be just as good a signing.

There are more world class players in the world that can fit in the Manchester City side. The money in the English game at the moment is heading towards an era of super-teams like Barcelona and Madrid of a few years ago. Sancho will be part of United's, but we've got plenty of our own.

If Ferran Torres delivers the kind of 20 goal 20 assists in all comps that Sancho does and Sané would have ove the next couple of years, I don't see how anyone can really complain.

He'll certainly have a lot less pressure on him, and will earn 1/3 as much.

Great player, if only they had a good manager.

They can't sack Ole right now as it'd be extremley harsh. But I think someone like Hasenhuttl would be great for them.

My point was different, you don't seem to understand it or prefer to ignore it. You are being fixated on the here and now, I'm talking about raising one's ceiling and realising one's potential to the max.

Sorry, but I really don't understand what you mean. What is 'raising one's ceiling'? What is 'realising one's potential to the max'?

I'm 'fixated on the here and now' because that is where I am and that is all I can measure. Sancho never said he wanted to go away to win medals, he wanted to go away and play. He went to the second-best team in Germany to test himself and play. Did he succeed? Yes. Any other comparative measurement is meaningless until their respective careers have ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.