Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad thing is, he gave up the chance of being coached by Pep. Sorry but it doesn't make sense too me. You have a guaranteed top bona-fide most say greatest ever coach, renowned for developing players. But you choose to go to dortmund, where nothing is safe. They develop a player and sell. If they get a good manager they go and the next might be a disaster. Kids got all the tools to be unreal but does he have the mentality? Will he strip back to basics if asked to and be moulded into something great. Or will he believe he is great now and never improve. A lot of top top players didn't break into teams till over 20 and had the patience to learn from top pros, like foden with silva. It's great to watch. Like I said he could be phenomenal or he could stand still, interesting to watch. If he wanted to come back I'd welcome him, but would always feel like he always has 1 foot out the door from day 1.

Sad thing is, he gave up the chance of being coached by Pep. Sorry but it doesn't make sense too me. You have a guaranteed top bona-fide most say greatest ever coach, renowned for developing players. But you choose to go to dortmund, where nothing is safe. They develop a player and sell. If they get a good manager they go and the next might be a disaster. Kids got all the tools to be unreal but does he have the mentality? Will he strip back to basics if asked to and be moulded into something great. Or will he believe he is great now and never improve. A lot of top top players didn't break into teams till over 20 and had the patience to learn from top pros, like foden with silva. It's great to watch. Like I said he could be phenomenal or he could stand still, interesting to watch. If he wanted to come back I'd welcome him, but would always feel like he always has 1 foot out the door from day 1.

Yep look at how Pep has managed Foden some of us moan about his game time even me but looking at it now when he does play he very rarely has a bad game that’s pep managing him well also he looks so comfortable on the left now. Just think if Sancho stuck around he could be the same and just starting to be a regular in our side like foden. Time will tell but Foden trophy count is way ahead of Sancho.

I believe sancho would have been a regular by now had he stayed. I also believe sterling would be better as well as he doesn't have anyone challenging him. Mahrez, foden, bernado and torres (as it stands) don't offer what sterling does. I'd love to see an alternative timeline where sancho had patience and was coached to Peps level, but hey shit happens and it's all guess work. Who knows? He might have made the eight choice in the long run.

I believe sancho would have been a regular by now had he stayed. I also believe sterling would be better as well as he doesn't have anyone challenging him. Mahrez, foden, bernado and torres (as it stands) don't offer what sterling does. I'd love to see an alternative timeline where sancho had patience and was coached to Peps level, but hey shit happens and it's all guess work. Who knows? He might have made the eight choice in the long run.

You just have to look at Foden development to see where Sancho would be at now but have the feeling he is to impatient and wants it now. At the moment no one will be paying what Dortmund want so be interesting where he will be in a few years.

I feel he's been vindicated. He's not having the best season but he's had 3 seasons of Champions League experience and got 33 G&A in 32 games last year. He'd have been 5th choice winger at best behind Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez, and maybe even behind David & KDB.
You just have to look at Foden development to see where Sancho would be at now but have the feeling he is to impatient and wants it now. At the moment no one will be paying what Dortmund want so be interesting where he will be in a few years.
Again, he's 20, has played 120 games for Dortmund and got tons of goals, assists and experience. He's having an average start to the season but lets not be fickle and say he's messed his career up.

I feel he's been vindicated. He's not having the best season but he's had 3 seasons of Champions League experience and got 33 G&A in 32 games last year. He'd have been 5th choice winger at best behind Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez, and maybe even behind David & KDB.

Again, he's 20, has played 120 games for Dortmund and got tons of goals, assists and experience. He's having an average start to the season but lets not be fickle and say he's messed his career up.
Don't think either of us are saying that. Let's be honest he didn't come through our youth setup so owes us nowt. I think we are both wondering whether being coached by Pep and learning off world class players everyday is better in the long term for a young player. Would Ronaldo of been as good if he went to Monaco to get hame time rather than learning off Keane, giggs, etc. Same with messi and learning from Ronaldinho, eto, overmars, etc instead of going to shakter? It's all hypothetical mate.

Don't think either of us are saying that. Let's be honest he didn't come through our youth setup so owes us nowt. I think we are both wondering whether being coached by Pep and learning off world class players everyday is better in the long term for a young player. Would Ronaldo of been as good if he went to Monaco to get hame time rather than learning off Keane, giggs, etc. Same with messi and learning from Ronaldinho, eto, overmars, etc instead of going to shakter? It's all hypothetical mate.
I think Pep could take him to the next level, but he’d have to of played consistently for us to get to where he is now.

Let’s see in a few years where he is at I’ve seen a lot of young players with great ability who shit there career up the shitter.

Wrong attitude for me - reminds me too much of Sturridge ‘I’m brilliant look at me’ attitude.

Personally can’t be arsed with him and suspect he will be a WBA striker in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.