Jamal Musiala

Wirtz to Bayern will put pressure on this transfer even if they hold out another year. Although I do think we should just let Foden run the midfield and be Kevs successor
Foden isn’t creative enough (so far in his career, I also didn’t think he scored enough goals before last season but made a big jump on that front last season) to be the sole central creator in our team. To be fair to him, he is more creative out wide but nobody wants him to play out wide anymore.

de Bruyne got more assists than Foden in half as many games last season. Three defensive midfielders got more PL assists than Foden last season. I think we also need to sign someone who is a natural creative midfielder to play with Foden.

I’d prefer Wirtz to Musiala, personally. How good is this Echeverri lad from River Plate? He’s coming in January and turns 19 in January. I know little of him though.

Last edited:
Foden isn’t creative enough (so far in his career, I also didn’t think he scored enough goals before last season but made a big jump on that front last season) to be the sole central creator in our team. To be fair to him, he is more creative out wide but nobody wants him to play out wide anymore.

de Bruyne got more assists than Foden in half as many games last season. Three defensive midfielders got more PL assists than Foden last season. I think we also need to sign someone who is a natural creative midfielder to play with Foden.

I’d prefer Wirtz to Musiala, personally. How good is this Echeverri lad from River Plate? He’s coming in January and turns 19 in January. I know little of him though.
Get Foden sold he’s shit. Just listen to yourself. What a moaning bastard. Foden’s first year in his true position and look what he produces.

Last edited:
Get Foden sold he’s shit. Just listen to yourself. What a moaning bastard. Foden’s first year in his true position and look what he produces.
What an juvenile and immature response.

I’m describing what is missing from a player’s game and where that player needs to take a next step up in quality. In what fucking world is that moaning or even remotely saying he needs to be sold or he’s shit, you daft sod?

And I’m talking about players to sign to play alongside Foden or in rotation with Foden.

Says a lot about you that you can’t just read something rationally without getting all overexcited with a silly extreme statement.

Foden is extremely creative. However, it’s difficult to be creative when you’re playing alongside players who (a) won’t pass and (b) are incapable of finding space for him to create. Every time I see Musiala I see a player who does great dribbles and ends up nowhere. Foden is far, far superior. Foden is so talented I would sell Haaland before him. Without a doubt. 100% his true position is central midfield, he’s wasted on the wing.

Foden is extremely creative. However, it’s difficult to be creative when you’re playing alongside players who (a) won’t pass and (b) are incapable of finding space for him to create. Every time I see Musiala I see a player who does great dribbles and ends up nowhere. Foden is far, far superior. Foden is so talented I would sell Haaland before him. Without a doubt. 100% his true position is central midfield, he’s wasted on the wing.
Foden had just four assists when playing centrally last season and there’s not enough link-up play between him and Haaland when he’s central. Not saying he can’t become more creative or won’t, just that he’s not creative enough yet so I wouldn’t want to not sign another midfielder (does that double negative make sense?) and put it all on Foden when he’s not developed his game in centre mid as a creator (he might never though, some players don’t, Bernardo isn’t a particularly creative player either).

You’re bang on about him not being passed to enough, I was just talking about exactly that in Foden’s thread.

I don’t want Musiala, I’d rather sign Wirtz and see a Foden+Wirtz become the de Bruyne+DSilva combo we used to have. Ideally that would have been Foden+Palmer because I thought their differing styles would have really suited each other and once de Bruyne Gündoğan Bernardo and Kovačić have all gone soon, they’d have been the mainstay for years from our academy, but that’s proper gone now.

It’s one of those rough with smooth things: Foden scores a lot more goals when playing centrally, but he is more creative when playing wide. I think people notice goals more than assists so automatically think he’s better centrally when he’s got good attributes for either/both.

As I say, Echeverri is coming in January but I know nothing about him other than he’s a central attacking midfielder.
Plus Oscar Bobb was a central attacking midfielder through the youth teams.
But it’s a total guess at how good they’re both going to be.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few clips of Echeverri and he looks ok. However, I get the impression that he will need time and he isn’t a defensive player. Seems as though he’s being brought in in January in order to adapt for next season.
The point I’m trying to make with Foden is look at his performances out wide and his performances last season when he was central. No comparison whatsoever.

Sometimes I feel it’s completely bias. Foden isn’t more creative than Musiala. Neither in the England squad and neither for us. His assist ratio isn’t good and the link up play with Haaland is bad that even commentators are talking about that during games. Foden for me is more a goal scorer than creative 10.
Wirtz is a creative 10 and Musiala will open up the defense with his dribbling. Might not be as good in terms of passing as Wirtz but will do it in another way. Once you don’t only talk about the positive aspect of a player here you are getting attacked. It’s hilarious.

Foden had just four assists when playing centrally last season and there’s not enough link-up play between him and Haaland when he’s central. Not saying he can’t become more creative or won’t, just that he’s not creative enough yet so I wouldn’t want to not sign another midfielder (does that double negative make sense?) and put it all on Foden when he’s not developed his game in centre mid as a creator (he might never though, some players don’t, Bernardo isn’t a particularly creative player either).

You’re bang on about him not being passed to enough, I was just talking about exactly that in Foden’s thread.

I don’t want Musiala, I’d rather sign Wirtz and see a Foden+Wirtz become the de Bruyne+DSilva combo we used to have. Ideally that would have been Foden+Palmer because I thought their differing styles would have really suited each other and once de Bruyne Gündoğan Bernardo and Kovačić have all gone soon, they’d have been the mainstay for years from our academy, but that’s proper gone now.

It’s one of those rough with smooth things: Foden scores a lot more goals when playing centrally, but he is more creative when playing wide. I think people notice goals more than assists so automatically think he’s better centrally when he’s got good attributes for either/both.

As I say, Echeverri is coming in January but I know nothing about him other than he’s a central attacking midfielder.
Plus Oscar Bobb was a central attacking midfielder through the youth teams.
But it’s a total guess at how good they’re both going to be.
You keep banging on about assists. Do you know how they work? If a full-back gives the ball to someone a yard outside their own box and that player then dribbles past all the other team and wallops it in from thirty yards, well that first pass counts as an assist. By your reckoning David Silva was pretty non creative.
Get off that football manager or whatever game you play and use your eyes.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.