James H Reeve

At least two in here do (see previous posts).

How great is it to see Mr. Reeve post in here as well? Now if I could just book him for our branch opening night ;)

JamesH said:
Hello, Citizens. I have been alerted about this discussion and feel I ought to reply.

Firstly, I am very flattered by the (mostly) complimentary remarks. Quite unnecessary, but thanks v much. I was just earning a living and being paid partly for taking the opportunity to stick up for the Mighty Blues, frequently with not a great deal of ammunition.

Secondly, I have to say that reports of my imminent death are, to the best of my knowledge, greatly exaggerated, unless you've seen some confidential notes I'm not aware of. And I've had my hair cut.

Now I shall cash in on this public display of admiration to ask a favour:

My lifelong mate's parents have both died in the last 18 months or so. They were both in their 90s and season ticket holders for decades. For many years they had an advertisement for their stationery business on top of the Platt Lane; the firm was called Britannic Printing. I've been trying to find a photo of it, but no joy. Even Gary James couldn't come up with anything, although loads of people say they're sure they've seen a picture somewhere. If one exists I'd love to have a copy to give to my mate in their memory. If anyone can give me a clue it would be greatly appreciated.

Frankly, I think it's the least you can do in view of all the pleasure I've given you over the years.

Vamos Barcelona!

JH

Hi James
You probably dont remember but i had the pleasure of having a drink with you once
It was in 2003 just after COMS had opened,and you were comparing a corporate "do" at COMS. I was with my dad and England were playing that night(against Luxembourg i think)
Anyway most people had gone and sat at our table was you,me,my dad,Peter Barnes and Mike Summerbee having a right good chinwag about City Past,Present and Future. Also Buzzer was telling tales about him and George Best!, and you were talking about Piccadilly Radio and The Doc.We also sneaked out to the seats outside for a crafty cig!!
It was a brilliant night,one i will always remember
Thanks James

cyberblue said:
bainy said:
cyberblue said:
James H is a good mate of mine .was round at the house to watch both Wembly games .he still does after dinner stuff up & down the country .he only lives round the corner so see him quite alot
Nothing to do with the o/p but why you not going away anymore Don, especially wembley !?!? or have i got that wrong?
imust be on the turn .The politics of the club first pissed me of but managed to live with that ,then i got bored of night games with no athmosphere ,then Sat games followed .find i enjoy the games more now than ever with a crate of Lager meat & pot pie .& a couple of mates round

bloody hell have you been to the doctors that's how the rags became armchair followers ;)

dadnlad said:
cyberblue said:
bainy said:
Nothing to do with the o/p but why you not going away anymore Don, especially wembley !?!? or have i got that wrong?
imust be on the turn .The politics of the club first pissed me of but managed to live with that ,then i got bored of night games with no athmosphere ,then Sat games followed .find i enjoy the games more now than ever with a crate of Lager meat & pot pie .& a couple of mates round

bloody hell have you been to the doctors that's how the rags became armchair followers ;)
The difference with me & the armchair rags is that i followed the blues home & away .Friendlies & in Europe(when we there) for the best part of 40 years most of them have never been to the swamp<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:54 pm --<br /><br />
sky tot said:
cyberblue said:
James H is a good mate of mine .was round at the house to watch both Wembly games .he still does after dinner stuff up & down the country .he only lives round the corner so see him quite alot
Try and get him to come on here,even if its just for a guest visit .
Done & Dusted

kenzie115 said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
He was the mater of ceremonies at the recent Ex Players Association dinner at COMS on the night of the FA Cup parade/party, does it every year. Daft as a brush..................!

I thought he was much funnier than the comedian to be honest, I went and spoke to him when the dinner finished and he seemed like a genuinely nice bloke.

yes very dry and quick to pick up on things, like him and he does a good job at the do's, the comedian was probably a Rag, sure I saw a Rag tat hiden by his sleeve...!?

JamesH said:
Hello, Citizens. I have been alerted about this discussion and feel I ought to reply.

Firstly, I am very flattered by the (mostly) complimentary remarks. Quite unnecessary, but thanks v much. I was just earning a living and being paid partly for taking the opportunity to stick up for the Mighty Blues, frequently with not a great deal of ammunition.

Secondly, I have to say that reports of my imminent death are, to the best of my knowledge, greatly exaggerated, unless you've seen some confidential notes I'm not aware of. And I've had my hair cut.

Now I shall cash in on this public display of admiration to ask a favour:

My lifelong mate's parents have both died in the last 18 months or so. They were both in their 90s and season ticket holders for decades. For many years they had an advertisement for their stationery business on top of the Platt Lane; the firm was called Britannic Printing. I've been trying to find a photo of it, but no joy. Even Gary James couldn't come up with anything, although loads of people say they're sure they've seen a picture somewhere. If one exists I'd love to have a copy to give to my mate in their memory. If anyone can give me a clue it would be greatly appreciated.

Frankly, I think it's the least you can do in view of all the pleasure I've given you over the years.

Vamos Barcelona!

JH

James,

There is bugger all on the internet, possibly an old programme might display a picture, might be worth getting in touch with those that archive/collect them.
I've got thousands but it would take me weeks to go through them, what time span are we looking at, was it the old or new stand or both?
Old film footage might help also, I'm sure the club will have archived film from the year dot?!
If I find something will let you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.