James h Reeve

Used to listen to James on Picaddily when I was a kid in the80's in Manchester top notch show. I have two memories of trouble in the 80's .

1 he played killer queen after the guy fired blanks at the queen ?

2 he deliberately mixed up the "oh no" and "it's a goal" jingles on Picaddilly?

Legend of radio and he can't get a gig but the likes of Irani can?

World's gone bonkers.

A) True.

B) Not true. Any mixing up of the jingles was entirely accidental. When they installed new-fangled CD players, I didn't really know how they worked, so accidentally played "Mistletoe and Wine" on August Bank Holiday.

What I did do deliberately was make a spoof commercial. Got Laura the Irish cleaner to voice up a script that went something like, "Going to the match today? Then park your bike safely and conveniently in the back yard of Mrs. McGillicuddy's, 114 Inkerman Street, Moss Side. Within easy reach of the football stadium. 75p covered, 50p uncovered." I used to slot it in between the real commercials when City were at home. You could do that then, before it was all on computer. None of the gaffers noticed.

2 he deliberately mixed up the "oh no" and "it's a goal" jingles on Picaddilly?

Remember them well. Fond memories well not so fond really we were always in the oh no category. :-)

JamesH said:
A) True.

B) Not true. Any mixing up of the jingles was entirely accidental. When they installed new-fangled CD players, I didn't really know how they worked, so accidentally played "Mistletoe and Wine" on August Bank Holiday.

What I did do deliberately was make a spoof commercial. Got Laura the Irish cleaner to voice up a script that went something like, "Going to the match today? Then park your bike safely and conveniently in the back yard of Mrs. McGillicuddy's, 114 Inkerman Street, Moss Side. Within easy reach of the football stadium. 75p covered, 50p uncovered." I used to slot it in between the real commercials when City were at home. You could do that then, before it was all on computer. None of the gaffers noticed.
Where are you at the minute? Will you be watching tomorrow?

davymcfc said:
Where are you at the minute? Will you be watching tomorrow?

I'm in the back bedroom on me computer. What's that got to do with it?

I don't know whether I can bear to watch. Couldn't face the derby - hid until it was over. Friend of mine in Oxford says she's taking the dog for a 2-hour walk tomorrow afty, then going to look on the Beeb website with one eye closed and the other screwed up. I might walk round Heaton Park. Not too far from the toilets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.