James McAtee

Probably because he is local lad, from Urmston. But he played for Leeds/Crewe/Liverpool/Everton before City.
He may even have played in an academy abroad, I wanna say PSV?

Ajax! Went school with him.

Reactions: kun
It was Feyernoord according to Wikipedia.

Anyway I read on another forum that apparently Pep loves McAtee and there’s a big buzz about him at the club. Take that with a pinch of salt of course.
What other forum?

Never knew that.
Always thought he was at City from when he was a kid.
I thought we’d signed him from PSV? I’m sure he spent some time in Holland as a kid, but might be thinking of someone else?

I think anyone with two eyes can see the potential in McAtee.

He has shades of Foden in the pockets (as Pep describes it) and in his goalscoring ability.

He also shows moments of genius and pure quality - probably best demonstrated by his halfway line lob attempt vs. United which hit the post - and seems to be growing up a bit (physically) this season.

I'm excited to see how he gets on and hopefully he'll recognise the work Pep has done with Foden and stick around.

McAtee is probably not as physically strong as Phil at this age. Patience is required from both James and the club as his introduction to the first team. I am certain the club will be.

McAtee is probably not as physically strong as Phil at this age. Patience is required from both James and the club as his introduction to the first team. I am certain the club will be.

He’s probably as strong as Foden was at the same age. He was the best player on the pitch in the couple of EFL Trophy games I watched - and they were against big physical league two teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.