James McAtee

So a championship Side can loan two players from one team? Unless Doyle is injured he is nowhere to be seen tonight! If fit this doesn’t bode well letting them loan McaTear they must be paying a whopping fee these lads when there is better options for them!

Pep clearly doesn't rate him as highly as Foden and Palmer. If he did there's no way he'd be happy to send him on loan to Sheffield United when we're light up front.

Makes sense to me. He is a class act at EDS level but Pep doesn't rate that level of football and clearly has seen enough...or not enough...in training to feel he can benefit from staying.

His play at EDS level is class but he is never going to be playing in the middle of the park for City, spinning players and driving to the other end of the pitch and scoring. Pep hasn't given Foden or Grealish much of a go centrally so the lad is better off going to hone his skills getting game time and developing physically.

We have enough cover in the midfield/attacking areas. It is defensively where I would be more concerned us letting someone like Wilson Esbrand go - he has to stay as backup even if we sign a left back.

I don't see how we are light up front. Jesus and Sterling out, Haaland and Alvarez in. Same as last season in terms of attacking options.
We were light up front last season too. And Haaland can't play on the wing.

Including the 8s/10s, we have 9 options for 5 attacking positions, including Palmer who is still relatively untested.

As long as that loan to Sheffield guarantees a certain amount of minutes, I'm all for it.

Going to a "good" championship level team who is fighting for promotion is the best kind of loan imo.

These teams usually try to play attacking football to score goals, and don't just sit back all game, that's what McAtee needs.

Still think it'd be better if he and Delap went to Kompany's Burnley on loan, just feels right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.