James McAtee

According to the latest round of rumours its Sheffield United. I haven't watched them I hope they play a good brand of football (I was half hoping he'd play with Vinny).

As long as that loan to Sheffield guarantees a certain amount of minutes, I'm all for it.

Going to a "good" championship level team who is fighting for promotion is the best kind of loan imo.

These teams usually try to play attacking football to score goals, and don't just sit back all game, that's what McAtee needs.

Still think it'd be better if he and Delap went to Kompany's Burnley on loan, just feels right.
haha I posted my comments before I read yours. Great minds and all that!

We were light up front last season too. And Haaland can't play on the wing.

Including the 8s/10s, we have 9 options for 5 attacking positions, including Palmer who is still relatively untested.

We didn't really struggle for goals or creativity last season though. Another player would be nice but clearly McAtee isn't seen as being an option right now. If we have a crisis and he has played for Sheffield United and gained experience, we can cancel the loan and bring him back.

Including the 8s/10s, we have 9 options for 5 attacking positions, including Palmer who is still relatively untested.
Palmer is fully tested and trusted by Pep, much more than McAtee. I suspect that due to the positions played, McAtee will go out on loan and Delap will continue with us as rotation for Haaland. Alvarez will play as right wing or 2nd striker, we looked more dangerous last match with him and Foden playing much nearer to Haaland then Grealish & Mahrez were (presumably by instruction).

Yeah. There is also an argument we never replaced Sane and also now lost Sterling and Jesus who could both provide pace down the flanks, obviously more so Sterling. Out of everyone we have now we only have Foden who can provide genuine width and get on the outside of fullbacks. Walker obviously has bags of pace but isn’t anything special at whipping balls in or taking on fullbacks. It would seem Pep is happy to go that way with Grealish or Mahrez cutting in and we all have to bow to the great mans judgement but when it’s Mahrez and Grealish both playing we are very pedestrian and narrow and it would be nice to have the option of a genuine flyer like prime Sane on the wing who could also provide a great ball in to the beast of a centre forward we’ve finally got.

Will not be happy if this kid goes out on loan, especially to Sheffield United. A special talent that needs to be kept at the club.
How many loans turn out to be for the greater good of player and club? Time for Pep to give these young stars an opening to first team football.
I think Delap is loan material but not McAtee. It's all about the style of play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.