James McAtee

Spot on. Credit to him ripping it up in the PL2, but on his (albeit limited) outings in the first team last season, he's looked miles off the required standard and frankly, a bit lost out there. A loan should be seen as an opportunity to gain vital experience.

It was only really the Swindon game where he looked poor, and that was his first game in about 5 weeks at the time. He looked absolutely fine Vs Sporting -

Good luck to him. Looking forward to seeing how he fares in the Championship, and think it’s probably best for his development, but a bit concerned about our lack of depth this season. Think he would have got games in the cups, and would’ve been in the matchday squad more often than not.

Impossible to judge from the outside what is the best for a young talented player. The management team (and that’s a big one within our club) sees his development on a daily basis. Obviously there has been a lot of talk with the player and his manager as well. At least McAtee had the chance to put himself in the spotlight. If treated fairly by the club where he goes on loan.

For me I just hope he comes back a player ready to compete for a 1st team spot.

He’s needs consistent game time now. He’s too good to sit on the bench or play youth football.

I hope it goes well and he gets a proper chance in our first team. He’s too good to not be given a chance

I think this was a great loan, we already have 3 players for our 2 attacking midfield spots, and Foden, Grealish or Palmer could have easily deputized in a crisis, so I don't think he needed to be here.

Development-wise, this is the best option for him and many players have returned from successful championship loans to play either in the Premier league or another top league, it's the perfect next stage league from EDS imo.

I really hope there is a minimum game time they have to give him.

We dont loan out to premier league teams I wonder why that is are our youngsters as good as we think or
is it that we dont want them playing in relegation battle , but good luck to the lad hope he makes it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.