James McAtee

Will not be happy if this kid goes out on loan, especially to Sheffield United. A special talent that needs to be kept at the club.
How many loans turn out to be for the greater good of player and club? Time for Pep to give these young stars an opening to first team football.
I think Delap is loan material but not McAtee. It's all about the style of play.
Funny thing football. I have completely the opposite view from your good self

Whilst he’s unquestionably far too good for the EDS, for me, he’s mikes away from being ready for us & I’m yet to be convinced he’ll ever be good enough

The game is littered with world class youth who never quite make the jump from youth football to the pro game

A loan might be the making of him if he can prove his quality at Sheff United

I’d love him & Doyle to be so successful at the Blades that they force their way into Pep’s thinking, but I don’t believe either will

Foden, he was getting minutes as a 17 year old, isn’t McAtee almost 20?

Plus we’re pretty stacked in CM, so a good move all round for me mate :)

Last edited:

Whilst he’s unquestionably far too good for the EDS, for me, he’s mikes away from being ready for us & I’m yet to be convinced he’ll ever be good enough

The game is littered with world class youth who never quite make the jump from youth football to the pro game

I’d love him & Doyle to be so successful at the Blades that they force their way into Pep’s thinking, but I don’t believe either will

Foden he was getting minutes as a 17 year old, isn’t McAtee almost 20?

I wish the constant comparison to foden would stop. He’s a once in a generation talent and I don’t think any other young player would have got given the chance or made it as such a young age.

Players follow different paths.

Foden, he was getting minutes as a 17 year old, isn’t McAtee almost 20?

Spot on. Credit to him ripping it up in the PL2, but on his (albeit limited) outings in the first team last season, he's looked miles off the required standard and frankly, a bit lost out there. A loan should be seen as an opportunity to gain vital experience.

Did it hurt Mason Mount, Tammy Abraham, Reece James etc to spend one season at a Champo club on loan?
imo 100 times better development wise as long as they become a regular there than whatever the EDS can offer with the games played without much of a stake really against other reserve/youth sides.

training with first team is all nice if you have games to play and use what you learn in trainings. but apart from Foden that is rarely the case for our youngsters, and the 50 minutes in early Carabao rounds aint enough.

really hope Palmer will get something like 1000 minutes at least for the first team this season. he had only like 300 minutes last season but he is was injured a lot in second half of the season but he wouldnt have played much anyway front of Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Foden etc in the business end of the season...
hoping for much more minutes in PL for him , 120 minutes last season, 1 start only.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.