James McAtee

Was there any explanation for his absence from the squad?

Just no room? Injury? Isolating? Maybe sorting a loan out?

Personally I think he’s too good for another season at EDS level, and if Palmer has that spot where he’s on the periphery of the first team then McAtee should go on loan.

Personally I think he’s too good for another season at EDS level, and if Palmer has that spot where he’s on the periphery of the first team then McAtee should go on loan.
All need loans.They arent getting in our incredibly top heavy/talented first team when the likes of Torres,Jesus,Laporte and Ake will be struggling for game time.

All need loans.They arent getting in our incredibly top heavy/talented first team when the likes of Torres,Jesus,Laporte and Ake will be struggling for game time.

I agree but I get the feeling McAtee will probably just stay around for another season of EDS football and occasional training with the first team.

Good to see that he’s still training with the first team, whereas the likes of Knight, Rogers and Gomes don’t appear to be anymore. Shows that the club must rate him pretty highly.

Good to see that he’s still training with the first team, whereas the likes of Knight, Rogers and Gomes don’t appear to be anymore. Shows that the club must rate him pretty highly.
I'm sure they do......Mcatee's quality far exceeds the above others,so it isnt a surprise.I'm just concerned ultimately he will end up back with the EDS,and the strong possibility of stagnation as a result.

Rogers,while being a lesser talent,improved enormously by playing 'real' football last season.

I'm sure they do......Mcatee's quality far exceeds the above others,so it isnt a surprise.I'm just concerned ultimately he will end up back with the EDS,and the strong possibility of stagnation as a result.

Rogers,while being a lesser talent,improved enormously by playing 'real' football last season.

Playing real football every week is more beneficial than training with Messi & Ronaldinho by Pep every day.

Maybe the best option would be to spend the first half of the season at City where he may get time in early rounds of the Carabao and Champions League group stage dead rubbers and then to head out on loan in January.

I would worry about finding the right loan club for him though whereas the likes of Delap or THB would do ok pretty much anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.