James McAtee

He is bigger yes but are his muscles is? He is not so hence need more workout and hopefully he can have a growth spurts.

It can help him big time, his skill alone isn't enough.

There is more meat on a budgie than on Bernie,and especially Mahrez......you are talking shite,again.

He is bigger yes but are his muscles is? He is not so hence need more workout and hopefully he can have a growth spurts.

It can help him big time, his skill alone isn't enough.
I know you're getting grief, but I completely agree. Size and strength aren't the same in terms of muscles, so it's quite possible for small players like Silva or Sterling to be strong enough to compete with bigger players.

Add in that using your strength, in the way you hold your body, anticipate contact and brace yourself all comes from experience - and you're going to get more experience of it when you're playing against older/stronger guys - then he can definitely improve.

It's often the case that younger players are used on the wings as they can run into space without needing to hold the ball up as much. At City that's not easy as you're expected to control possession wherever you are, and even on the wing, Foden struggled for a long time with the physicality of older pros.

I know you're getting grief, but I completely agree. Size and strength aren't the same in terms of muscles, so it's quite possible for small players like Silva or Sterling to be strong enough to compete with bigger players.

Add in that using your strength, in the way you hold your body, anticipate contact and brace yourself all comes from experience - and you're going to get more experience of it when you're playing against older/stronger guys - then he can definitely improve.

It's often the case that younger players are used on the wings as they can run into space without needing to hold the ball up as much. At City that's not easy as you're expected to control possession wherever you are, and even on the wing, Foden struggled for a long time with the physicality of older pros.

No one is arguing the experience side of things,obviously learning how to use your body is part of it....but he was directly comparing size....and both Mahrez and Bernie are smaller.

There is nothing wrong with James' physique,it is not a hindrance in any way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.