James McAtee

Red card really helped. He was ball watching until then (no fault of his own). Sheff playing long diagonals into the wide players from the CB and then whipping it into the box meant he was passenger till they got the extra man and started passing short.

Didn't see much football from Sheffield United tonight. I say how shite Brewster is but McBurnie should be playing Aussie Rules. He really is McTominay standard. Absolute fucking garbage even on his best day.
Haha, I get what you mean but at least he gets to slug it out somewhere. Sunderland looked better going forward. Sheffield United looked like it they didn’t know how to pass at times.

Haha, I get what you mean but at least he gets to slug it out somewhere. Sunderland looked better going forward. Sheffield United looked like it they didn’t know how to pass at times.
In fairness their second was lovely football,not much else mind.

They need to get James on the ball more and make the runs for his intelligence.As for himself....he needs to get up to pace and realise that the game is that much quicker and more aggressive than he is used to.

If he continues to get minutes,it will come.

In fairness their second was lovely football,not much else mind.

They need to get James on the ball more and make the runs for his intelligence.As for himself....he needs to get up to pace and realise that the game is that much quicker and more aggressive than he is used to.

If he continues to get minutes,it will come.
Agree with all of that

A tad....but he waited for the ball to arrive at his feet,rather than anticipating the intervention.
I was watching live and I think you're right. I don't think it happens to a more experienced player. That said, I think it was egan who played the ball, and after the goal the ESPN broadcast focused on him and i was reading his lips (possibly very poorly) and he was calling to mcatee. This is my guess here, but what it look like he said was "that's on me." Could be a case of an old head trying to soften the blow, but it seemed like egan thought it was his ball that caused it.

Also seems like his teammates respect him already, which has to mean he's putting a shift in.

Love that he's playing in a proper league where men tackle men without the rolling around. They go straight through the back of you if you take too long on the ball, it's proper football.

It will be the best thing for McAtees career and will toughen him up. Didn't do Mount or James any harm!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.