James McAtee

This will be the making of him.

He's taken off his comfort blanket and is playing against men. I respect his bravery and I'm positive, especially with the family he has around him, that he'll come out stronger for the experience.

By the end of this season he'll be on a completely different level as a player and person.

Agree. And there are plenty examples of young players struggling a bit when they go out on load but excelling later in their career. Great example if this is Ivan Toney. Now touted as a World Cup striker for England. Go and check out his career on Wikipedia. Crazy.

I think we have to take into account it his first loan.

Doyle struggled at Hamburg and then started to get a bit of game time at the end of his Cardiff stay and now is more of a regular at Sheff United

Fiorini is another good example. He went to Breda first in the Dutch second tier then took a bit of time to get into the Lincoln City team and then the following season was one of their main men. That then helped stepping up a league with Blackpool and until his injury was a regular starter.

Same with THB when we went on loan a few times. Only now at Burnley is he a regular starter in the first 11.

Could well be that McAtee needs another loan next year until we see the best of him.

Doyle struggled at Hamburg and then started to get a bit of game time at the end of his Cardiff stay and now is more of a regular at Sheff United

Fiorini is another good example. He went to Breda first in the Dutch second tier then took a bit of time to get into the Lincoln City team and then the following season was one of their main men. That then helped stepping up a league with Blackpool and until his injury was a regular starter.

Same with THB when we went on loan a few times. Only now at Burnley is he a regular starter in the first 11.

Could well be that McAtee needs another loan next year until we see the best of him.
Those are all players who started loans earlier around 18 mostly.

James is still young though, so I agree with the premise that he has time to aclimate and learn mens football.

But in relation to making it at City, a 20 year old struggling in the championship has a very low chance of making it compared to other young players impressing in top leagues.

Agree but it is vital that hia next loan is under a manager with ideas and tactics from this century, unlike Heckingbottom

I dont think Sheffield suits him simply as he is not a starter. I dont if its because of tactical reasons or he is just not good enough to start for them.

was Sheffield the best fit for him?

in 17 league games he only started 5, was always subbed off in those games, 2x he was pulled off at HT already. was changed in 7x times, but these subs dont add up to 90 min in total mostly it was 5-10 mins.

He had great numbers at City for goals and assists at EDS level, he has 1 goal for Sheffield.

I hoped Delap and McAtee will go on loan to the Champo and have a loan season like Abraham from Chelsea, or Reece James or Mount under Lampard at Derby. they became crucial players in their loan season at very similar age as McAtee,Delap are now. Tammy Abraham racked up 23 goals in Champo in 16/17 for Bristol then 2 years later he got 26 goals for Villa in Champo.

Mount also was crucial for Derby starting 38 league games and almost never subbed off for Derby in 18/19. he was probably 1 year younger at that time than McAtee now.

lets be honest if they have a mediocre or even worse loan spell this season Delap and McAtee their chances to make it at City are slim which is bad as I thought they can go out on loan and impress big time and come back stronger with that momentum and all that experience.

I dont think Sheffield suits him simply as he is not a starter. I dont if its because of tactical reasons or he is just not good enough to start for them.

was Sheffield the best fit for him?

in 17 league games he only started 5, was always subbed off in those games, 2x he was pulled off at HT already. was changed in 7x times, but these subs dont add up to 90 min in total mostly it was 5-10 mins.

He had great numbers at City for goals and assists at EDS level, he has 1 goal for Sheffield.

I hoped Delap and McAtee will go on loan to the Champo and have a loan season like Abraham from Chelsea, or Reece James or Mount under Lampard at Derby. they became crucial players in their loan season at very similar age as McAtee,Delap are now. Tammy Abraham racked up 23 goals in Champo in 16/17 for Bristol then 2 years later he got 26 goals for Villa in Champo.

Mount also was crucial for Derby starting 38 league games and almost never subbed off for Derby in 18/19. he was probably 1 year younger at that time than McAtee now.

lets be honest if they have a mediocre or even worse loan spell this season Delap and McAtee their chances to make it at City are slim which is bad as I thought they can go out on loan and impress big time and come back stronger with that momentum and all that experience.
Seriously thought if he stayed at City he would of got more game time than he has at Sheffield utd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.