James McAtee

I can genuinely see this lad and Delap making it at City. I don't see Doyle or Palmer making the grade but I think they will both have good professional careers elsewhere.

That’s what I think. Palmer could good enough, but I think there’s a lot more potential in McAtee just because of the position he plays in.

I remember watching Phil in a preseason game against United. I think it was when he was in and around the first team but before he had made his competitive debut. There was a moment where he left Herrera for dead with his first touch and I knew then that he was a special talent.

I got the same vibe watching McAtee during preseason. He just looked two steps ahead of the rest of the players with his touch and vision.

That’s what I think. Palmer could good enough, but I think there’s a lot more potential in McAtee just because of the position he plays in.
I thinks McAtee could become a superstar. He also seems to have porked some timber on which he did need in my view. I know loads of young players get called ‘the new xxx’ or whatever. One thing i really like about McAtees potential is that it’s difficult to pigeonhole him or say he’s a ‘mini xxx‘. He’s got something special about him.

I thinks McAtee could become a superstar. He also seems to have porked some timber on which he did need in my view. I know loads of young players get called ‘the new xxx’ or whatever. One thing i really like about McAtees potential is that it’s difficult to pigeonhole him or say he’s a ‘mini xxx‘. He’s got something special about him.

Reminds me of Bernardo rather than David.

I'd have said the love child of Gundogan and David Silva.

As regards Palmer, Pep absolutely loves him, he's definitely making it with us.

Definitely a great talent but as with all young talents he needs that little bit of luck. Probably the nearest thing I've seen to Merlin and would be made up if he breaks through. The Carabao cup tie is a must for him, Palmer and Delap (if fit). Maybe Mbete-Tabu too.

I think we’re quite lucky as there is a clear pathway for some of these kids

McAtee - plays in the same position as Gundogan and De Bruyne who are both in their 30s now and have suffered a lot of injuries in their careers. There’s a good chance Gundogan will leave when his contract expires in 2023.

Palmer - Mahrez is 31 soon and I can’t see us extending his current contract which ends in 2023. Also question marks about Sterling’s long term future.

Delap - he’s the only natural striker in the entire squad at the moment!

Lavia - Fernandinho will leave next year

Callum Doyle/Mbete/Harwood-Bellis - a bit tougher to break in but I don’t think Ake will be here long term and Laporte’s future is up in the air too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.