James McAtee

Think I read somewhere that Pep told him he needs to be making an impact every week.

He's certainly stepping up to that challenge.

Players who get their head down and listen to Pep tend to be given chances. Depending on the ins/out he could get a squad place next season.

Superb player.

Think I read somewhere that Pep told him he needs to be making an impact every week.

Players who get their head down and listen to Pep tend to be given chances. Depending on the ins/out he could get a squad place next season.

Superb player.
The ins and outs are the hardest bit to guess especially as Pep sees things completely differently to everyone else but if Bellingham replaced Gundo as the midfielder arriving in the box type, Bernardo sadly leaves, Phil takes his duties on the right or in midfield, Jack then needs someone other than Phil to come on for him, that could be James. Lavia for Philips maybe and if no other signings 1 more young lad to sub on for KDB, Tommy or maybe even Brekin who seems to have a similar style.
Probably finish up nothing like that but just interesting to look at possibilities.

If i was to guess on this one, he will probably be loaned back to Sheff U if they get promoted. Would like to see him in the PL, but not sure how he would do in this Sheff U team in PL.

With all due respect to Sheffield, they will not blow 100 mil on some key signings and James will suffer in a struggling team. He can only do something (with his physique at this stage) if he and the team have ball possession. Will be interesting to see where his next move is.

Yeah Sheffield United could be in trouble next year even if they go up. Most of their current players are out of contract in the summer (and aren’t PL quality anyway) whilst a couple of the better one (Berge and Ndiaye) only have one year left so they might have to cash in on them. They’re also currently under a transfer embargo. I wouldn’t want McAtee or Doyle anywhere near them next season.

Superb player.
I'd like to see palmer go on loan and McAtee take his spot.

Taken off on 75 mins.

It's quite bizarre that he has only once completed 90 mins....is it a fitness thing or just unlucky and seen as an easy option to replace and shore up defence?

3-1 to the Blades anyway,which is great news as they may wish to keep both him and Tommy if promoted.
Didn’t the rules change a couple of years ago so you can only loan 1 player to another Prem club?

Buy one & loan another perhaps?

Would McAtee will be the first player since Zinchenko returning from loan and making impact to the first team next season. Only time to tell can't wait for next season.
Doubt he ever gets a chance in our club next season or if ever. he is just not a pep midfielder. he plays more like a winger or a no10 who is more interested in getting goals rather than controlling the midfield. as long as KDB is here and we use the current formation there is no option for him here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.