James McAtee

If we sell players like Macatee we’d 100% regret it. Players like him will save us millions. I’d also say if someone like Macatee isn’t at least given a chance that’s pretty poor considering his talent

Even if he's not going to play for us, selling McAtee this summer makes no sense given the trajectory he's on and the fee he would get after a season being one of Sheffield United's best players in the PL.

We might get 20m tops for him now. If he has a good season next year we could get 50m.

Good finish by McAtee... but oddly, the more I watched Sheffield United play (and it's tough)...

It's clear the best player on that team is Iliman Ndiaye, he is so good on the ball, and only 23 years old.

We never buy from the championship because of our standard but he is young enough and talented enough imo to give a chance on.

A lot of negativity on here for a player, who regardless of potential, has now scored 8 goals in the Championship this season.
It's also worth noting that virtually every goal and assist has been critical, because invariably McAtee gets hooked when the game is won, or only appears from the bench when they need a goal.

Whether he should stay at Sheffield United is a completely different argument,. especially as teams such as Burnley, Brighton or even Villa might be more suitable
However,. depending on which players leave (and some of those in the 32-33 age bracket will need to be phased out) there might be a midfield slot and enough games for McAtee to prosper at the ETIHAD

It's clear the best player on that team is Iliman Ndiaye, he is so good on the ball, and only 23 years old.

Ndiaye is definitely their best player (although I think he’s a bit too greedy at times) but interesting McAtee has a much better goals per minute ratio than him this season. McAtee would probably be on 20-25 goals if he’d played a full season (he’s only played 1600 minutes in the league)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.