James McAtee

I would bring him back in the summer, he'll get opportunities in the league cup and group stage of the champions league to play and stake a claim for prem appearances. If hes struggling he can always go out on loan in January.

One of the most impressive things is that all of his goals and assists have been important ones. Of his 8 league goals, 5 were the opening goal of the game, 2 were equalisers and the other was to put them 2-0 up. The anti-Mahrez so to speak!

The way I understood it, McAtee was considering not signing a contract so that he could go somewhere in search of first team football but part of the way we convinced him to sign a deal was to allow him to leave on loan to get more minutes.

Why would we then look at selling him after a successful loan spell? Surely we'd be looking at either integrating him next season or finding him another loan move?

His fee could easily double a year from now if there's still no room.

The way I understood it, McAtee was considering not signing a contract so that he could go somewhere in search of first team football but part of the way we convinced him to sign a deal was to allow him to leave on loan to get more minutes.

Why would we then look at selling him after a successful loan spell? Surely we'd be looking at either integrating him next season or finding him another loan move?

His fee could easily double a year from now if there's still no room.

Not just that.. Cole Palmer's struggles, Bernardo and Gundo's willingness to move on and KDB's age mean that after proving himself on loan, there's definitely room for him.

Good finish by McAtee... but oddly, the more I watched Sheffield United play (and it's tough)...

It's clear the best player on that team is Iliman Ndiaye, he is so good on the ball, and only 23 years old.

We never buy from the championship because of our standard but he is young enough and talented enough imo to give a chance on.

Yeah he's very good. Really like him. Great touch as well.

A year in the Premier League on loan would be ideal next season I think. He’s just starting to grow into being a professional starter with all the confidence that brings. Let him find his feet and game and not disrupt that by coming to us as a squad player.

Not just that.. Cole Palmer's struggles, Bernardo and Gundo's willingness to move on and KDB's age mean that after proving himself on loan, there's definitely room for him.
he definitely has no room unless as a bit part water-carrier in the squad like cole palmer currently is. he plays in KDB's position like a no10. besides alvarez is also better 10 than mcatee. and he is definitely not playing as a 8 in pep's system. the likes of perrone and even gomez are natural midfielders compared to mcatee. best for his career to follow the footsteps of the likes of lavia.

he definitely has no room unless as a bit part water-carrier in the squad like cole palmer currently is. he plays in KDB's position like a no10. besides alvarez is also better 10 than mcatee. and he is definitely not playing as a 8 in pep's system. the likes of perrone and even gomez are natural midfielders compared to mcatee. best for his career to follow the footsteps of the likes of lavia.

You dont half talk some bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.