James McAtee

Good finish by McAtee... but oddly, the more I watched Sheffield United play (and it's tough)...

It's clear the best player on that team is Iliman Ndiaye, he is so good on the ball, and only 23 years old.

We never buy from the championship because of our standard but he is young enough and talented enough imo to give a chance on.
Agree. I always think of it as if he wasnt one of ours (McAtee) would there be a clamour to sign him. I cant say there would. He is young and has a bright future but at this point he looks a really good championship player. He will get a chance in the PL no doubt but he should stick with SU next year - or Burnley with VK. Can also see PL clubs going in for Ndiaye as well - but not us.

he definitely has no room unless as a bit part water-carrier in the squad like cole palmer currently is. he plays in KDB's position like a no10. besides alvarez is also better 10 than mcatee. and he is definitely not playing as a 8 in pep's system. the likes of perrone and even gomez are natural midfielders compared to mcatee. best for his career to follow the footsteps of the likes of lavia.
Wouldn't want to second guess Peps job of finding James' best position but one key difference with him and all the others when they go wide left (Cole, Phil, Ryhad) is none of the others really naturally drop a shoulder and drive left down the line whereas James can do that a bit more like say Leroy used to so for whats is worth i think he has an extra string to his bow there. Prefer the others central and right

I don't know, I just don't see it.

I’d be interested to know why you think that?

I’d argue he was one of the best players at youth level and is now one of the best players in the championship. Certain players have something about them - Macatee is one of them. He might not make it, but there’s no doubt he has the talent

Agree. I always think of it as if he wasnt one of ours (McAtee) would there be a clamour to sign him. I cant say there would. He is young and has a bright future but at this point he looks a really good championship player. He will get a chance in the PL no doubt but he should stick with SU next year - or Burnley with VK. Can also see PL clubs going in for Ndiaye as well - but not us.
I'd be tempted to agree for most of our loan players, but didn't the club want him to stay?

He's someone they've expected big things from, but I thought he wanted to go on loan rather than stay training and only playing irregularly? After an iffy start, he's clearly done pretty well at Sheffield United, so you'd assume that hasn't pushed him further back at City.

I'd expect that at very least he's given pre-season with the team, to see if the advances he's made at Sheffield United have put him closer to the first team here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.