James McAtee

If he cant put together a highlights reel like that in the PL next season he'll be worth £75m.

Reminds me of this guy

I watched the whole clip and every single play was him either beating his marker in the wide areas and putting a cross in or picking up the ball in the no10 position and immediately dribbling to get a shot away. this is basically anti-silva if anything who used to pick up the ball inbetween the lines and play one touch passes and control the game. have you watched David silva play before?

We have to keep him at the club. He was exceptional at youth level. Crazy numbers from a guy playing in midfield, he was a class above. They'd give him the ball and he'd carry it the whole length of the pitch and score, or he'd slot a perfect pass for someone. He is tricky, intelligent, quick and skillful and has a wonderful awareness of the space around him.

To go from that level to the top of the championship is a major jump. But he's done it. It's been a brilliant loan because he's had to dig in and watch from the bench a lot and prove himself over the season. He will have developed a lot both physically and mentally from this spell.

Much like Foden with England, he's had to deal with the fact he's playing with largely sub-standard players. At City our players are comfortable receiving the ball with opposition players around them. For England they dismiss it as a passing option. At the WC the one time someone did it to Phil he turned it into an attacking opportunity which led to a goal. At Sheffield United it's the same. The pass to him is either shite or he's ignored, even when he backs himself under pressure. He's good enough to play for us, I'm sure of it. I hope he's in the squad next season.

If that's anything to go by he's got pretty much the lot, not just quick feet and an eye for a pass but ability to handle the physicality - and there's a turn of speed on display. Seems that in the course of this year he's moved up a long way. People reckon that Ndiaye is better? I wonder what his YouTube clips look like.
He might be a good player but is never getting his chance to play at city ahead of our options in the wing. and if foden has not played midfield mcatee has even less chance of playing there. so no he is not making any impact here anytime soon.

I watched the whole clip and every single play was him either beating his marker in the wide areas and putting a cross in or picking up the ball in the no10 position and immediately dribbling to get a shot away. this is basically anti-silva if anything who used to pick up the ball inbetween the lines and play one touch passes and control the game. have you watched David silva play before?
Idiot

He might be a good player but is never getting his chance to play at city ahead of our options in the wing. and if foden has not played midfield mcatee has even less chance of playing there. so no he is not making any impact here anytime soon.

What options on the wing? Foden, Mahrez, Grealish and Bernardo? Do you include Palmer who has played wide and more central. Funny he plays centrally when Foden doesn't very often, but again has this season. Almost like Pep sees different strengths in different players.

No one knows the situation yet, but to dismiss him in the way you have is moronic. You don't have a fucking clue what Pep will do.

I'd bring him back next season, but he won't play many minutes, I don't think. Maybe more than Palmer has this year if he stays fit. Playing for the Blades, he needs to make things happen, and he's good at it. Playing in our first team tends to be about control and knowing when to make things happen, so learning good judgement.

I remember how excited we were about Brahim Diaz - although it soon became v obvious that he was just desperate to beat his man all the time, regardless of what was going on around him. I think McAtee is more likely to work out for us, though.

Guess it would be better for his development to play a whole season with SU in the PL than starting mostly in some cup games here and there. In 2024 he might be ready to play for City. Maybe Palmer should be loaned out to a PL team too, why not to SU?

Last edited:
Guess it would be better for his development to play a whole season with SU in the PL than starting mostly in some cup games here and there. In 2024 he might be ready to play for City. Maybe Palmer should be loaned out to a PL team too, why not to SU?

Need to take account the loan rules in PL, one of them is going to be sold with buy back if that happen.

Need to take account the loan rules in PL, one of them is going to be sold with buy back if that happen
Interesting to see what 2 players, if any, we loan to a Premier league team next season.
Probably do deals with championship clubs again.
If Southampton do get relegated, I can see them calling again

Interesting to see what 2 players, if any, we loan to a Premier league team next season.
Probably do deals with championship clubs again.
If Southampton do get relegated, I can see them calling again

McAtee and Doyle is ready for regular PL appearances i think, sadly time for big decision who is going to keep to loan or stay, who is going to be sold with buyback next season.

I always think we should wait and see how the dice fall in a season before deciding who should come back. If we win the three competitions we’re still contesting, we’ll have done so whilst relying on an exceptionally small squad, but that will inevitably take its physical toll and will have an effect further down the line, especially in the midfield. Alternatively, we may yet fall short, and if we do, say through injuries in the coming weeks, it is more likely to be because we became overly reliant on three key attacking midfielders. Either way, Guardiola might have to accept that he needs a little more depth in the middle, even if it means having players that are slightly below the current calibre.

McAtee is a prodigious talent who can play in a multitude of positions and already knows the club’s system. Similarly, having already withstood the physical battering that is the Championship, he would be better placed to play in our current set up than someone arriving fresh to England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.