James McAtee

He is an outstanding talent and I think he is going to break through, this season or next. I would like him to gain a place in the cup competitions and, if he performs well, start to get PL minutes. It feels like Cole Palmer is ahead of him at this stage but they are similar talents, in my view, though Cole is more physically developed.

Physical development is the only thing remaining for McAtee. He's similar in build to Foden who had to develop initially but McAtee doesn't have the lower body strength and balance that a 17 year old Foden had back when he was breaking through.

Physical development is the only thing remaining for McAtee. He's similar in build to Foden who had to develop initially but McAtee doesn't have the lower body strength and balance that a 17 year old Foden had back when he was breaking through.

He’s about 5’10 so he’s a few inches taller than Foden, and he didn’t struggle last season in the EFL Trophy against some physical lower league teams. Hopefully he’ll start against Wycombe.

He’s about 5’10 so he’s a few inches taller than Foden, and he didn’t struggle last season in the EFL Trophy against some physical lower league teams. Hopefully he’ll start against Wycombe.
Oh that's interesting. I thought he was around 5'8ish. From all the matches I've seen from last to this, I just think the physicality aspect is the last thing he's missing.

Definitely, it would be great to see him in that game, especially given the way he has begun the EDS season.

I think it's clear the 4 talents the club rates very highly:

Delap, Palmer, McAtee and Lavia. With Edozie slowly creeping in.

Not a coincidence he didn't get loaned and someone like Doyle did, we tend to want to keep our very best with the first team for a year to atleast see how they carry on.

I personally am a fan of this strategy, I don't think you lose anything from not loaning at 18-19 if you can see how they can adapt to your first team environment. If over the course of the year after a few chances you see the player struggling and not improving at an appropriate pace, then loan them next year.

He’s even more physically developed imo. Just naturally he looks slightly bigger in build, he’s got a similar level of just natural balance. But he is slightly older than Foden when he began to breakthrough

He’s even more physically developed imo. Just naturally he looks slightly bigger in build, he’s got a similar level of just natural balance. But he is slightly older than Foden when he began to breakthrough
Yup, McAtee will be 19 near end of October.

Foden was in the EDS from age 16-17 and in the squad at 17 getting those early cup games.

When Foden was 19, he was getting over 1000 minutes for City.

People are underestimating what a talent Foden was, generational.

Hoping he can continue his Development and if so should get some minutes in either of the national cup competitions. Were starting to see some real talent from our academy. Only the very best get into our 1st team though. That's the under 18s and the EDS who have handed the rags an arse kicking in the last 7 days. I'm hoping the 1st team can do the same in due course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.