James McAtee

I think it's clear the 4 talents the club rates very highly:

Delap, Palmer, McAtee and Lavia. With Edozie slowly creeping in.

Not a coincidence he didn't get loaned and someone like Doyle did, we tend to want to keep our very best with the first team for a year to atleast see how they carry on.

I personally am a fan of this strategy, I don't think you lose anything from not loaning at 18-19 if you can see how they can adapt to your first team environment. If over the course of the year after a few chances you see the player struggling and not improving at an appropriate pace, then loan them next year.
I don't think that's why Callum Doyle or Tommy Doyle (not sure which you're referring to) were loaned out. Callum Doyle especially is a bit of a monster, he's 6'3" already at just 17 and he's not built like a rake either. Tommy isn't a small lad either.

Both look capable of mixing it up in the men's game and both have the technical skills in order to flourish.

The development pathway for all players is going to be tailored for their own needs.

All of them have to be patient, and that must be really difficult with Agents and German teams sniffing around, hence the recent long term contacts for Delap and Palmer. All the lads have played together for the last two seasons or more and won't all break through together. Wingers and midfielders we are stocked in. But god, I hope they do.

I hope he's close to a long contract extension. I'm sure he'll have been offered the same as Palmer and Delap.

If he's patient he'll be a regular first team player for us within the next two seasons.

I imagine he'll wait to see if he's given minutes in the Carabao, etc, before committing to anything longer.

I hope he's close to a long contract extension. I'm sure he'll have been offered the same as Palmer and Delap.

If he's patient he'll be a regular first team player for us within the next two seasons.

I imagine he'll wait to see if he's given minutes in the Carabao, etc, before committing to anything longer.
I agree. Seems like Gundogan's natural successor.

I don't think that's why Callum Doyle or Tommy Doyle (not sure which you're referring to) were loaned out. Callum Doyle especially is a bit of a monster, he's 6'3" already at just 17 and he's not built like a rake either. Tommy isn't a small lad either.

Both look capable of mixing it up in the men's game and both have the technical skills in order to flourish.

The development pathway for all players is going to be tailored for their own needs.
I was referring to Tommy Doyle, I think the other academy players I listed are simply rated higher.

Callum Doyle is an odd situation because he is so young, and last season went from U18 to EDS.

So I suspect the plan for him was to do a full EDS season and potentially bring in, but perhaps he was pushing for a loan and we obliged.

He definitely looks capable.

I still think the club will want to keep the best in house, once they have done a season of EDS and are older, if they have the choice. Callum I think is so young I don't think they considered it yet.

Callum is physically ready for the challenge and the move to League One will benefit him. McAtee is a different build, position and style. Sending him out to clubs that don't play our style (which doesn't exist outside our campus) would be detrimental.

Also, Tommy has already had a season training with the first team, now he needs games. I’m sure a couple from the Delap etc will end up out on loan next season/January. Given his family tree, I can only assume Tommy will be doing all he can to make it at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.