James McAtee

Angeliño will be 25 shortly and if he's one of the best in the world playing wing-back (which everybody plays don't forget) then how come he's still at RB Leipzig?

When you have a bad experience at a top club, you take a step down to transfer somewhere you can regain some reputation. That's just the done thing.

I rate James highly but he is behind Palmer for football reasons. I was at the game when we drew with Arsenal, 1-1, about a month ago. James had a stinker in the first half, regularly giving the ball away. That’s going to happen from time to time with a developing player.

McAtee’s goal scoring and attacking threat has been brilliant this season and hopefully he can make the jump to the first team before too long. The completion for places in the first team squad is immense so James needs to keep improving.
Maybe it isn't just about ability either, it could be about mentality / maturity around the senior squad. I have no idea but Pep has mentioned a few times recently talking about Fodens maturity and mentioned Palmer and Grealish need to think about their dedication to the game in their persoal lives as athletes ( don't think he was suggesting they don't ). I wonder if Mcatee hasn't shown enough of that side yet.
As I say complete speculation from me but there is much more to stepping up to the first team for all players than just ability.

if hes going better to sell him than lose him for free

Everytime people say they rate James MUCH higher than Palmer, I realized it's one of 2 things:

1) They either rate Palmer fairly, and James at such a stupidly high level that has been unjustified. James is not the best academy talent to ever exist, or even in our academy.

or

2) They rate James fairly at a high level, but don't really rate Palmer that much. In this case it means they have drastically underestimated Palmer's ceiling.

IMO they are both around equal level of talent (+- a small difference). I hope both make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.