James McAtee

The way the academy is going, if he wants to leave. Let him, we'll have another one along in a season or two..

not sure I agree with that. No guarantee we’ll have another as talented. We’ve only had a few in the last 15 years.

We’ve got one of the most talented young players in Europe, who’s also a city fan. We should do everything we can to keep him

not sure I agree with that. No guarantee we’ll have another as talented. We’ve only had a few in the last 15 years.

We’ve got one of the most talented young players in Europe, who’s also a city fan. We should do everything we can to keep him
The academy is starting to bear fruit in the CM position year in, year out at the minute, its also the strongest area of the first team. Foden, Palmer, Doyle, McAtee, Lavia, all outstanding at that level.

They will be, if he wants to go they cant stop him. An extension with guaranteed loan move will prob be likely if he wants to stay here. The progression map seems to be 1st team traning/Occasional Bench stage as Palmer was last year for now just needs to see that pathway and decide what he wants.

The academy is starting to bear fruit in the CM position year in, year out at the minute, its also the strongest area of the first team. Foden, Palmer, Doyle, McAtee, Lavia, all outstanding at that level.

They will be, if he wants to go they cant stop him. An extension with guaranteed loan move will prob be likely if he wants to stay here. The progression map seems to be 1st team traning/Occasional Bench stage as Palmer was last year for now just needs to see that pathway and decide what he wants.

you say bear fruit, but the only players from those players you’ve listed who has made it is foden. They might all be outstanding at youth level, but doesn’t mean they’ll be good at senior level

I agree with what your saying and I hope he does make it

you say bear fruit, but the only players from those players you’ve listed who has made it is foden. They might all be outstanding at youth level, but doesn’t mean they’ll be good at senior level

I agree with what your saying and I hope he does make it
Yeah, be interesting to see who turns his head thats gonna give him a better football education than Pep at this stage, the pathway is opening might just be a timing issue for him in that position, if only he was a striker or leftback right now.

if hes going better to sell him than lose him for free

We need to give this lad a new contract and either play him more or loan him out next season.
We can't afford to let him leave, he's too talented and we would pay a fortune in the future to replace him.

We need to give this lad a new contract and either play him more or loan him out next season.
We can't afford to let him leave, he's too talented and we would pay a fortune in the future to replace him.
Hes been offered one, he aint signing (yet). He's outstanding at the level hes at, definitely needs better competition soon.

Maybe it isn't just about ability either, it could be about mentality / maturity around the senior squad. I have no idea but Pep has mentioned a few times recently talking about Fodens maturity and mentioned Palmer and Grealish need to think about their dedication to the game in their persoal lives as athletes ( don't think he was suggesting they don't ). I wonder if Mcatee hasn't shown enough of that side yet.
As I say complete speculation from me but there is much more to stepping up to the first team for all players than just ability.

I agree.
Not all young professionals are 100% professional.
As fans we don't really know which are or aren't, we only see the finished product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.